News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of the Red Star

Gentlemen,

The Order was picked up in Poland several years ago.

I collect British medals - primarily WWI groups to the 9th Bn. Black Watch - and have a very limited knowledge of Russian awards.

I've always assumed the Star was a reproduction bearing in mind the large number of dubious items that regularly appear on the market.

However, sorting through some cabinets yesterday evening, I thought I'd post some photographs of the said Star and ask your opinion.

Any thoughts?

Best wishes,

Derek

Edited by 9th Black Watch

I've never heard of a fake Red Star in this serial range (although these days, anything is possible). They tend to fake earlier variations that are worth more. This one is a later WW2 example probably in the $40 - $50 range, and there's a plentiful supply of them, so I'm pretty sure you're safe.

Matthijs.

Thanks Matthijs,

I know nothing about Russian awards - this one was picked up in a market in Zakopane for a couple of pounds some years ago.

So it's a WWII award. I'm aware from a number of posts that it's possible to research these using the serial number.

Could someone give me some idea how difficult this is, whether it would be possible in this instance and where I'd start.

Cheers,

Derek

I'm sending you a PM with the address.

Matthijs.

Thanks Matthijs,

I know nothing about Russian awards - this one was picked up in a market in Zakopane for a couple of pounds some years ago.

So it's a WWII award. I'm aware from a number of posts that it's possible to research these using the serial number.

Could someone give me some idea how difficult this is, whether it would be possible in this instance and where I'd start.

Cheers,

Derek