News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unusual Cap Star

Hello all,

i got this Brass&Enamel Cap star in a lot with some medals latlely and i noticed, that the arms are very pointy compared to other specimen. Can someone help me to date this star and maybe even with its purpose?

Do i have a very rare Cap Star, only Marshal Zhukov himself wore on the cap :P or is it just a variation of the usual stars?

Any input is welcome

Thanks in advance

Gerd

This star is the model of 1922. It was used along with a few other types of star cockardes on the winter cap and also on visor caps in the 20s up until the mid-30s when the well made two-piece construction model 1935s (there were two sizes) appeared.

It is not exceptionally rare, but it is a difficult one to find. Even with the missing prong it still is a very nice example.

Edited by RichieC

Hello all,

I got this Brass&Enamel Cap star in a lot with some medals latlely and i noticed, that the arms are very pointy compared to other specimen.

Gerd

Hallo Gerd, :beer: nice to see the capbadge you obtained from me on the RECENT Gentlemens Military Interest Club Auction displayed so well, I hope it enjoys its new home. :jumping::jumping:

See Gentlemen nice things can be found if you use the GMIC auctions :P

Kevin in Deva :beer: