News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR Swallows Nests

Hi all,

Have had these for some time and thought they might be of interest. The green one is I believe Grenztruppen (Border Guards) and the white one Army.

For those who might not know these were worn on the shoulders of band members tunics. They are attached by means of an eyehook system so they can be easily removed when the tunic needs to be cleaned.

The tassels (I assume) indicate a more senior ranking member... probably a Sergeant.

I've only shown one of each as they are identical.

[attachmentid=55640]

[attachmentid=55641]

Edited by Hauptman

[attachmentid=55643]

[attachmentid=55644]

I'd love to someday find the tunics these would go on, and if they're not complete the insignia to go with them to make a fully dress musicians uniform for each of these.

Dan :cheers:

Nice Swallowsnest. I would also like to add a complete musicians tunic to my collection but they are very rare. I see them from time time advertised as being musians tunics but this usually not correct. They are most often just someones idea of what the real thing should look like. The nests you say look like Grenzer may be that. Hard to tell from the colour on the scan. VOPO would or Bereitschaft would be a lighter green I think. Here is the photo of a Miners musicians tunic which was sold a day ago.

Cheers,

Gordon

[attachmentid=55643]

[attachmentid=55644]

I'd love to someday find the tunics these would go on, and if they're not complete the insignia to go with them to make a fully dress musicians uniform for each of these.

Dan :cheers:

Nice Swallowsnest. I would also like to add a complete musicians tunic to my collection but they are very rare. I see them from time time advertised as being musians tunics but this usually not correct. They are most often just someones idea of what the real thing should look like. The nests you say look like Grenzer may be that. Hard to tell from the colour on the scan. VOPO would or Bereitschaft would be a lighter green I think. Here is the photo of a Miners musicians tunic which was sold a day ago.

Cheers,

Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Many thanks! :beer: Very nice tunic! I've seen the miners uniforms and such on Ebay from time to time but never gone for one. Probably should at some point. But really like that.

Many thanks, :cheers:

Dan

• 3 months later...