News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I know there are books out there listing the wounded and KIAs...

I am getting a group to a young gus who served in DSWA in 1904-05.... but seems not to have served in WW1.

I was wondering if he was wounded in 04-05 to a degree he could no longer serve?

Anyone have the WIA lists :rolleyes:

Hello Chris,

yes I have the "list"! I need only his name, then I can search if he was wounded in Southwestafrica.

All the best

Leutwein

Hi,

His name was Heinrich Teske.

He did not seem to serve in WW1 so I am curious to see that was due to wounds suffered in DSWA

best

Chris

Hello Chris,

unfortunately I couldn?t find any wounded Person with the name Heinrich Teske.

Perhaps he was too old for doing his service in the WW1! Perhaps he was a settler or an old veteran (Feldwebel) during the Herero-War and finally to old for the WW1.

All the best

Leutwein

Guest Rick Research

Or in a "reserved" civilian occupation that was vital to the war effort, as was THIS ex noncommissioned officer who made good:

[attachmentid=56419]

Medal bar: Los 487 Sammlung Siebentritt October 2002 Kube auctions. Ribbon bar: obtained in Hamburg, in my collection since 5 November 1997. (I hope the person who split these apart over 10 measly Deutschmarks-- retail!!! :o:shame: --- is happy. :speechless: )

Hello Chris,

unfortunately I couldn?t find any wounded Person with the name Heinrich Teske.

Perhaps he was too old for doing his service in the WW1! Perhaps he was a settler or an old veteran (Feldwebel) during the Herero-War and finally to old for the WW1.

All the best

Leutwein

Hi,

Nope, he was born in 1881, was doing his military service 1902-03 and released from the Prussian army service to go with a specially raised contingent to DSWA in 1904 to form an Artillery batterie.

Best

Chris

• 2 years later...

By coincidence I bought a new document to complete this set, he turned up in one of the Armierungs labour battalions in WW1, got a hanseatenkreuz.

Seems to have been sent back from GSWA as either sick or wounded.

I did a full write up of the group here....

http://www.kaiserscross.com/40117/52401.html

must still add the WW1 doc...

In the "Deutsches Kolonialblatt" from 1905 I found the entry

" Mit Heimaturlaub infolge Verwundung oder Erkrankung sind am 24. Juli 1905 in Hamburg eingetroffen ...Unteroffizier Teske.

(With home leave due to wound or illness arrived in Hamburg .....)

It could be the same Teske, Heinrich who received the MEZ2 in 1905.

Bernd