News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fuse ID help

Tony

They look slightly familiar. One of my finds still looks like crap after being given the vinegar concentrate bath for a couple of (smelly) days.

Can I "borrow" your sand blaster one day, or is it non-portable.

Hello David,

It's in the firm but if no one notices you pulling up in a lorry and me loading it up with a fork lift, then of course you can borrow it. biggrin.gif

Tony

They look slightly familiar. One of my finds still looks like crap after being given the vinegar concentrate bath for a couple of (smelly) days.

Can I "borrow" your sand blaster one day, or is it non-portable.

You kidding? My hands are scrathed and scared, the iron brush has lost a lot of bristes, but with 3 litres of vinegar, an ron brush and an opinel as rust Cutter/Chipper, I have had some wonderful results. Will get pics up in a few days.

You kidding? My hands are scrathed and scared, the iron brush has lost a lot of bristes, but with 3 litres of vinegar, an ron brush and an opinel as rust Cutter/Chipper, I have had some wonderful results. Will get pics up in a few days.

Make sure you secure the blade this time otherwise you'll never be able to order 10 beers.

Tony

Make sure you secure the blade this time otherwise you'll never be able to order 10 beers.

Tony

I guess I am a bit accident prone.... sad.gif it drives the wife crazy. I have 3 fingers in wrapped in plasters at the moment with a special cream to suck the dirt out of wound.... mix rust, concentrated vinegar and oil and it does make a mess of a cut....

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Chris!

I haven't seen any like this before but since the trip to Verdun and the Somme I've probably seen about 25 of them and that's in the last 4 weeks. Actually I think I've got one with the top part of the shell attached, I'll take a pic after I've cleaned it.

Tony

Chris, they are copying shells now?

Take a look at my unfired 75mm shrapnel shell, do you think it?s a copy? I bought it 3 years ago without even thinking something like that would be copied.

The markings on the side are hard to make out but look like:

FD

WC

SC SC

?4

The bottom has Y over semi circle.

Tony

• 4 weeks later...
    • 1 month later...

I think this is my part :D

First one is a french "Fusee percutante 24-31, modele 1897"; an impact fuse for HE-shells from 75 mm to 155 mm (or bigger). Second one is a "Fusee fusante 22-31, modele 1897" for 75 mm shrapnel shells.