News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The terrible results of AMS

StephenLawson

Dear forumites what follows is the most tragic example of Advanced Modelers Syndrome (AMS.) I just found this article in our local Newspaper. A local UPS driver made his usual stop at a home in a Denver suburb. He noticed that there was a mountain of previous deliveries stacked outside the adjoining garage. The driver also heard the sound of growling of a small canine in the garage. Fearing the worst he called the local police, fire & rescue and animal control. When they opened the garage the grisly sight before them was too bizarre for the local TV news people to broadcast. BE WARNED AMS IS DANGEROUS! Due to the recent closing of the Glencoe institute, no one was available for comment. I can't hardly bear it...

IPB Image

As to the composition of the pieces for the garage The major pieces should be immediately visible. The 1/28 Revell Fokker Dr.I with a Clerget engine, The Monogram Red Baron Dragster. Then all but one of the skeletons are Monogram items (Lil Coffin & Rommel's Rod.) One of the skeletons is a Fujimi mechanic carved down using a dremel motor tool. The rest of the items are from the Fujimi garage set, local Rail-Road hobby shop, Verlinden Cardboard boxes with model company logos on them. Resin crates with Model company decals applied.

IPB Image

IPB Image

• 4 weeks later...

:P Strangely enough, I can relate to this. Stephen, Any close up shots of those planes or the Red Baron hot rod back there???

Greetings JIm,

Yes I have some images around here I could post later. The Red Baron Dragster in the diorama above is pretty much OOB. But here is one I tricked out...

Click Here>>>Red Baron article

IPB Image

Edited by StephenLawson

Greetings JIm,

Yes I have some images around here I could post later. The Red Baron Dragster in the diorama above is pretty much OOB. But here is one I tricked out...

Red Baron article

IPB Image

Hi Stephen,

Great job on this one! :jumping::jumping: Wondered if you could show a closer view of the officer... looks terrific but would love to see more. :love:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

IPB Image

Click here>>>>Red Baron build here.

Hi Stephen,

Many thanks... great shot! :jumping::jumping::love::love: Images of Gerd Frobe in Those Magnificent Young Men In Their Flying Machines pop to mind... in the balloon ve must not vear our spiked helmets!!!! :lol:

And absolutely love that garage scene! :jumping:

Hey, here's hoping you and your's and all the rest of the membership who celebrate have a terrific Thanksgiving and all that goes with it. :cheers:

Dan

• 5 months later...