News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Luftwaffe beamten or technical Rank?

Hello all,

I am not sure if this is the apropiate forum to ask this, if not please excuse me.

one friend has offered to me for sale a promotion luftwaffe document of a flieger-obernautiker so I am wondering what kind of rank is this?? a beamten or technical Rank?? what was the duties of this rank?

Thanks in advance!

Humberto

Edited by Humberto Corado

It was a entity of it's own sort of under the auspices of the Luft Beamte. The Navigation Corps (Nautikerkorps der Luftwaffe) was constituted in late 1938 or early 1939. All members of the corps belonged to the elevated career.

By order (LV 41. No. 1940) dated 29 November 1941 the Navigation Corps was disbanded.

A sort time span for the corps, that would be a plus for a document.

They were navigators in the bombers etc.

Hope this helps :beer:

It was a entity of it's own sort of under the auspices of the Luft Beamte. The Navigation Corps (Nautikerkorps der Luftwaffe) was constituted in late 1938 or early 1939. All members of the corps belonged to the elevated career.

By order (LV 41. No. 1940) dated 29 November 1941 the Navigation Corps was disbanded.

A sort time span for the corps, that would be a plus for a document.

They were navigators in the bombers etc.

Thank you very much Laurence for your help!! very helpfull info!!!! :D

could be possible that a promotion document was made after the Nautikerkorps was disbanded?? or that maybe the Nautikerkorps officials continued serving in the Lufwaffe beamte?? the document in question was dated july 1944

thanks in advance!

Edited by Humberto Corado

Hi Humberto

By order LV 41. No.1940 dated on the 29 November 1941 the navigation Corps was disbanded. Most of it's members were transferred to the status of line officers of the flying branch-in other words they wore the yellow waffenfarbe. Those who did not meet the conditions for transfer, or did not consent to status as officer were transferred to the Corps of Engineers as navigation personnel. At the end of the transfers the Navigation Corps ceased to exist.

Hi Humberto

By order LV 41. No.1940 dated on the 29 November 1941 the navigation Corps was disbanded. Most of it's members were transferred to the status of line officers of the flying branch-in other words they wore the yellow waffenfarbe. Those who did not meet the conditions for transfer, or did not consent to status as officer were transferred to the Corps of Engineers as navigation personnel. At the end of the transfers the Navigation Corps ceased to exist.

thank you Laurence for your help!