News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Dress Gloves for LW Officers & NCOs

I've this early LW NCO four-pocket tunic that I'd like to find an original pair of dress gloves for. I know they came in white and grey (I'd prefer the grey), but what separates original period gloves from post-war types? (materials, construction, markings, etc?). I'd love to see some original examples with opinions on what to look for.

Thanks!

Scott

Thanks Albert

Anyone else? I found these, claimed to be LW Dress Gloves. Any opinions?

Scott

Here are mine of exactly same type; probably same maker. Sure are originals but LW?

Edited by Albert

That's a nice pair of gloves Albert! Very similar to what I posted. Are they marked on the inside? My concern with the pair I posted above is the type face of the maker's stamp; I think it's Helvetica or Aerial font, which didn't exist in WWII...

Scott

That's a nice pair of gloves Albert! Very similar to what I posted. Are they marked on the inside? My concern with the pair I posted above is the type face of the maker's stamp; I think it's Helvetica or Aerial font, which didn't exist in WWII...

Scott

Looks like Arial Rounded MT Bold

Scott

Hi Scott,

Mine do not have this marking. They are only marked 11; I guess that's the size.

BR,

Albert

Hello Hairoil. Thanks for posting your gloves here :beer: . Does the LICO mark in your gloves match exactly the gloves I posted above? Are there any markings on the snaps of your gloves.

Thanks again.

Scott