News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spangen 1 and 2

He was an Infantry officer in WW1, the EK2 he got when wounded on the Somme, the EK1 for breaking up a French attack in 1918.

In WW2 he was the Divisional doctor for the 6th Luftwaffe Field Division.... the Divisional commander was a JU52 transport guy who took over the command of a fighting division.

As the Great Grandfather was the only one with infantry experiance he doubled as an advisor. In his letters home he was pleased as pringles to get the EK bars when the divisional doctors of the other divisions in the sector got KVK2 and 1s. He pushed his first aid posts and field hospitals right behind the front line so the guys would be treated riht away.

Hello

Great story and by the sounds of it a great guy as well, taking the initative to place himself, (and his staff), right up at the front to provide rapid treatment to the wounded. I bet he saved quite a few lives by doing this that would otherwise have been lost. :cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent pieces Chris and what great history,really brings them to life :cheers:

Well... the wifes grandmother almost brought them "back to life"... she was going to clean them with the hard green part on the back of a sponge before giving them to me..... I arrived just in time to stop her !!!!

That would truly be an excellent premise for a horror movie for us medal guys..... :unsure:

Well... the wifes grandmother almost brought them "back to life"... she was going to clean them with the hard green part on the back of a sponge before giving them to me..... I arrived just in time to stop her !!!!