News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Gordon !

Thanks !

I had my serious doubt about these Urkunden .

But Urkunden is not my strong side .

Jan Arne

Hello Jan

fakes. Among other things the signature on Hilfskreuzer (Weyher) is wrong and "Koln" was a kreuzer , you can find some Flottenkriegsabz for kriegsfahrten on kreuzer Koln

cheers

giorgio

Hi Giorgio !

Thanks for info !

I know about "K?ln" . "K?ln" and " K?nigsberg" was both Cruisers and was both with in "Weserubung" and in the attack of Bergen . And if I remember correct "K?nigsberg" was sunk by RAF Bombers in Bergen Harbour 10. april .

Jan Arne

The High Seas Fleet is particularly amusing. Awarded to a crewmember of the Graf Spee ( sunk in 1939) in April 1945, with an ink stamp from a U-Boat Flotilla ( incorrectly designated as the 17th U-Boat Fleet. - I guess D?nitz would have been delighted to know he had so many entire fleets - as opposed to Flotillas available.)

Mind you the last one is even better- an Auxiliary Cruiser document with a Luftwaffe Kampfgeschwader stamp !

Just goes to show we shouldn't be too complacent about what to us seem easily spotted fakes. There will always be some collectors new to the hobby or to document collecting who won't pick up on the clues in incorrectly completed docs especially if the basic fake blank award documents are reasonably accurate to begin with.

Hi Giorgio !

Thanks for info !

I know about "K?ln" . "K?ln" and " K?nigsberg" was both Cruisers and was both with in "Weserubung" and in the attack of Bergen . And if I remember correct "K?nigsberg" was sunk by RAF Bombers in Bergen Harbour 10. april .

Jan Arne

Yep, first capital ship to be sunk by aircraft during WWII. It was Fleet Air Arm Skua dive bombers that got her.

Hi Guys !

Just got an email from my KM Collector Friend .

He bought this 3 KM Urkunden from a stand under the Militariashow at Letohallen .

The Dealer was Kommis Antiques in Germany .

Does anyone have any knowledge about these Dealer , or the persons Holger Frankenberger and Marcus Kasten ??

Lets hope he is able to return the Urkunden .

Jan Arne

Hi Guys !

He bought this 3 KM Urkunden from a stand under the Militariashow at Letohallen .

Does anyone have any knowledge about these Dealer , or the persons Holger Frankenberger and Marcus Kasten ??

Jan Arne

No info on the sellers, but let's hope your friend's lesson on "Know what you're buying" isn't going to be too expensive... :speechless:

best

Hank

• 2 years later...

Hi Guys !

Jan Arne

Hello!

I get my money back 2/4-09,In the Militariashow at Letohallen. :D

A happy ending.

All the best

Nesredep

Gratulere! I remember you showing them to me last year and saying one day you'll meet the seller again. Your patience has paid off!

Hello!

Simon

Yes i showing them to you,you remember nice. :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep