News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Izmaylovo Market - Moscow

I was In Moscow yesterday, Saturday, and tried to visit the Izmaylovo flea market, in Izmaylovo Park.

Unfortunately, even if I rode around the Park - which is quite big -, I did not find the market itself . Bad for me...

But, I will be back in Moscow again next Saturday. Could someone precisely indicate me on a map where exactly to find it ?

Many thanks in advance .

Ch.

Hi again Bryan. ;)

Thanks!!! But, could you post the exact location on a map, because I did several times a circle (in car) around the Park... and saw a lot of Parkings, commercial centers... but nothing looking like a flea market ...

Ch.

I'd love to help out, but I don't know if it's in the same place as it was 10 years ago. IF it is, you simply head out of the metro station, curve around the stands there and then head down the parallel pathways (like streets, but they aren't) which should lead you straight into the gates for the market. The market itself surrounds the base of the ice skating rink/hockey rink at the top of the hill. If I were at home, I'd simply scan you a map of the area, but I'm unfortunately not! I was there almost every weekend for the time I was there from 1992-1996.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to all your tips, I went there twice : last Saturday and the Sunday before. The most busy day was clearly on Saturday.

I really found nothing of great interest. Just bought some Umalatova medals I did not have (at a very good price - 200 RR = 6 euros), a few Russian medals and some docs and books and catalogs... Nothing really exciting.

What pleased me the most is a nice old Soviet Diver's watch I bought in one of the shops (real shop) on the right, close to the entrance.

In all case, a nice place to visit, and also a good one for artisanal items (matriushkas, wooden boxes, chess games, Christmas things...).

Ch.

Pic : The entrance of the market "Vernissage".

Pic : ? Christophe ? ChR Collection

It looks a lot like an old amusement park. I remember it was hard to find it. Spent a lot of time trying to find my way through a maze of t-shirts and other stuff. But somehow I did find it. I think one way to find it is to look for a windmill. :)

Metro:

It looks a lot like an old amusement park. I remember it was hard to find it. Spent a lot of time trying to find my way through a maze of t-shirts and other stuff. But somehow I did find it. I think one way to find it is to look for a windmill. :)

Do you mean this one ? :rolleyes:

Ch.