News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Bavarian Flyer's Items

Hi,

I salvaged these eBay items that had been split into different auctions. Unfortunately the docs (a photo of him with Pilot's Badge, Militarpass, EK2 and H/burgX docs) went out of my price range but I saved the pics. His name was Unteroffizier (in 1917, from his EK2 doc) Karl Paul Wirthmiller. I have one other of these blue enamel pins but I had not seen the hat device (right) and ?arm patch (left) before. I have to say I like the blue backgroud to the crowned example! I hope you enjoy.

Regards

Mike

Edited by Mike K

Mike K,

These patches are non-military, so I am assuming he was in some pre- or postwar flying club, or perhaps they are veteran's pieces. Whatever they are, they're quite nice. I have never seen anything exactly like them before. It's great that you have a name to add to them. Congratulations.

Chip

Hi Guys,

I'm glad you like them.

Chip, I should have been clearer. I do not know 100% for sure, but from what I have been able to glean from the web these all items are aparently associated with a/the Bavarian Veteran Flyer's Association, so would date from late wartime to 20s I would think.

Regards

Mike

Fyi, here's a close-up of the makers deails on the stickpin. The other example I have is similarly marked - same maker (L. LERCH, MUNCHEN), slightly different marking positioning and 950 SILBER instead of only 900 on the one imaged here.

Edited by Mike K

• 5 months later...

Mike;

Possibly you could approach the guy who bought the Militaer=Pass and ask for a copy to learn a lot more about the flyer, perhaps swapping something for them, like really nice color photos of your items. Some collectors of Paesse are generous like that, some very possessive or even secretive. Some people collect items, some collect information; I largely fall in the later category. I might be able to help you decypher the Pass.

Bob Lembke