News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Early TENO NCO Visor

I've had this for a while now ..Early pattern Erel TENO NCO Visor ....As I mentioned to Nick , at first I thought the Visor was some sort of Plastic by the way it flattened out and lost it's shape .

In this Pic , I'm holding it in place to give it the "curve"

Edited by Mike

Because of the Visor "flattening out" the inside band has buckled , probably from someone trying to bend it perm back into shape ....that's why the cockade looks recessed ...who knows' , maybe because of how it was stored for years ?

Edited by Mike

This is the first TENO visor I have ever seen! Thanks for sharing it! :beer::jumping:

Thanks Paul ...I like this NCO but , I'm looking for an Officers pattern to put with it now I guess it never ends does it ? ...you find one item and that leads you to a list of other items you need !

:anmatcat:

Mike I am stumped. The visors is right as rain so I have no doubts that that is the original visor on there. Hard to tell the material from the pics but I would say pressed paper. The late war TR visors with pressed paper looked much different but maybe this was Lubstein?s civil version of a crusher ?type? visor. It does look a lot like the pressed paper material used on Soviet visors. You said it was very flexible?

Edited by NTZ

It's strong but , you can easily flex it ...when you let go , it pops back flat. I've never seen anything like it on TR caps. Could this be some sort of experimental visor they (Erel) tried out and gave up on ? No sign at all of the visor being added or changed ..I told ya it was a strange one :unsure:

Pressed paper would almost make sense. The materials on civil visors were ?most? of the time slightly lesser than on military. Look at sweatbands for example. You mostly see Alkor, pressed paper and Ersatz instead of leather. Plus Erel, Schellenberg. Kaps and a few other makers did use pressed paper visors toward the wars end. Maybe this is an early attempt at testing it out.