News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 1 year later...
    • 1 year later...

Naval Wound Badge being worn

I found this thread and photo... Now this is an interesting portrait. He wears the EK2 like he just earned it, but he has a EK1 and a FA1 pinned on. He has a NAVAL wound badge, but he is not wearing a naval tunic. His hat has only one (country) cockade...See Battalion? Would he get an Oldenburg award if serving with the Kaiser's See Marines?

Guest Rick Research

Yes, See Bataillon.

All of the northern Germany awards were quite common to marine troops in WW1. Too bad there is no name on that because it's a nice portrait and they are all listed in the Naval Honor Rank List.

• 9 years later...
    7 hours ago, graham said:

dond,

Thanks for the feedback. Stripped black(ouch!!!). Is there anyway to tell for sure?

I just don't see any finish on it so that is my concern.

dond,

Thanks once again for the feedback. I have had another look at the badge and found a few areas where the finish may have worn off. Maybe I am just grasping at straws but worth the effort to get some more feedback. The two blue circled areas on the photo below highlight a metallic silver colour which is somewhat different from the rest of the badge. I will put together some closer(and hopefully better) photos and post them later on. The red arrows are areas which you cannot see the wear marks on the photo below but as I have already written, I will try and post better pictures from different angles to highlight the wear and colour differences.

a.PNG.6987ffe548cdbfd6ca59d95ac9501e15.PNG

dond,

Thanks again.

Here are some more photo's , unfortunately the camera does not give me exactly what I wanted but here goes: -

The three photo's below show a wear mark on the badge where the pin(when locked into place in the catch) touches the badge. The wear area is a metallic silver in colour.

1c.jpg.f5b775aa6390bdb09cfec0a61d4c42f7.jpg     1b.jpg.a0c25ea6a305971f70af9ac322e99d0a.jpg  

1a.jpg.5ffff8abff2df05ec1b13c9ceb1f39f5.jpg

The photo below shows wear on the pin attachment. Again the wear is a metallic silver in colour.

000.jpg.de3dfd049d14b43b4e5bfe235adf20d3.jpg