News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Here is the reverse of this badge, it does show signs of repair => the catch has been repaired (as was broken of), one of the rivets (left one seems to have been flattened or repaired) and there are scratches on the reverse.

Otherwise this badge is very nice, as i have never seen one in this condition i makes me wonder iff this could be reworked (= new finisch applyed) ? Any idea's + feel free to comment.

Cordial greetings

Hello,

Thank you for he comments ;)

@ Stogie: It is Br?der Schneider / Wien instead of Bruno Schneider :P:beer:

The very fun thing is that a German collector already had this one in his collection but was told by a few dealers etc ... that it was a fake => he returned it etc ... and the original owner did send it towards me for inspection. Needles to say i was very suprised to see a original pop up :cheeky:

So you see, know your subject and you will find very nice original objects :beer:

Cordial greetings,

Hello,

Thank you for comments and nice pictures of originals.

Keep the following type identification about glider badges in mind, in a certain future the system will become more and more known

Type I : C.E.Juncker

Type II : Br?der Schneider/Wien

etc ....

Within this system there are subdivisions, etc ... but that will be clear after the launch of the bookproject on these.

The fun thing is that for example within the BSW glider badges a wider range of metal types can be encountered ( for example, quite often persons do talk about Buntmetal, etc .. . but i can assure you that when analysed with SEM etc .. rather different compositions do come towards the daylight => in that way that the inner composition from copper, Aloy, etc ... can differ, resulting in a different metal look )

Anyway, glider badges are a fun thing to collect, however always keep in mind that it is a small minefield on its own but i am always illing to help the members of this forum to give info, hints, advise, etc ...

Cordial greetings,