News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interior Ministry, document stamp 1938!

fjcp

Here is a little gem I picked up a little while back and I am almost more excited about this stamp, than many of the orders and medals I've collected.

It is, assuming I'm right (and the seller), a Document stamp from the Interior ministry , dated 1938. We've all seen these sort of stamps in the numerous documents shown here, although none match up with this one exactly. Trust me I've looked!!

The style however should be very familiar to all.

I've been trying to translate the Uighur, but it has been a bit tricky up to now, but I did manage to figure a few things out. (I'll get more once my dictionary gets here)

The word on the top right of the stamp (top left on the paper) is the same as that on the left side of the Interior defence badge (D 01).

Anyway over the comming days (weeks more likely) I'll try to get a more complete translation but for now enjoy the pictures and please let me know what you guys think!

Thanks

JC

PS. the Uighur on the side clearly reads: 28 year, dating it at 1938.

Edited by fjcp

I bought an easy to clean off ink, so that none of it would dry and stick to the stamp. The problem is that the ink is far too liquid, so it doesn't coat the stamp evenly, and the result is the blotching you see in the pictures. I'm going to find a more viscous ink and I'll try it again, hopefully with better results!

JC

Edited by fjcp

Nice, a fascinating thing to have! :love:

A lovely piece to add to the collection and also, to be honest, a lovely piece to have taken out of circulation. I had the chance to buy, and passed up on, a signature stamp of Tsedenbal, as used in awards documents. Now, in retrospect, I wish I had gotten it. Not only would I have it, but others might not have it available for their own purposes, maybe for making up fake documents.

• 1 year later...