News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I finally recieved from Germany this 5 place Bayern style ribbon bar consisting of:

1914 EK2

MVO

MVK

Hindenburg

Hanseactic or peacetime Red Eagle Order

This is strickly a ribbon bar as there are not any hooks for attached medals.

I'm not well educated in the Imperial arena. However, That "ribbon Bar" is made in the fashion of a medal bar. I think this one is missing the medals. Please correct me, with facts, if I'm wrong.

:beer: Doc

Doc, this is indeed only a ribbonbar. They were worn in this size as well. I?ll try to find a picture....

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

I think from the little gaps in where the ribbons overlap you will find clips inside,and that the awards have been removed and are hopefully just as easily replaceable-- I see a gap where the suspensions were at the same level as the EK for the first Bavarian award, but higher on the 2nd one-- suggesting the lower grade had a crown. Probably an MVO4X and a MMC3XwC.

Last ribbon is 99.999% a Hungarian WW1 Commemorative Medal with the green horizontal stripes just faded away to nothing.

I think from the little gaps in where the ribbons overlap you will find clips inside,and that the awards have been removed and are hopefully just as easily replaceable-- I see a gap where the suspensions were at the same level as the EK for the first Bavarian award, but higher on the 2nd one-- suggesting the lower grade had a crown. Probably an MVO4X and a MMC3XwC.

Last ribbon is 99.999% a Hungarian WW1 Commemorative Medal with the green horizontal stripes just faded away to nothing.

Rick, but there don?t have to be hooks, right? Are there ribbonbars of this size without hooks?

Gerd

Guest Rick Research

Huh. Could have sworn the ribbons showed ring gaps.

Yes indeed there were monstrously huge Bavarian ribbon bars the same size as medal bars:

Rick,

It reminds me the excellent (fabulous ?) article you wrote in another Forum. Would it be possible for you to post it there now (even if I know the copyright aspects you had to deal - or still dealing - with...)?

It is a fantastic tool for beginners (what I am)!!! :jumping::jumping:

I have still in mind the first page. It answers the questions here...

Cheers.

Ch.

Guest Rick Research

I do not advertise it, since it was STOLEN from me as of May 2005 and continues to be posted there against my explicitly stated objections by the website owner.

If anyone wants to PM you the link that's fine with me. Just remember that it has been STOLEN from me and is there against my wishes. I am the author and content copyright holder and my permission was removed when I was.

Some people can NOT be relied upon for GENTLEMEN'S agreements. Which is why I am happy to be HERE now.

An updated edition of my ribbon bar work may eventually find a new home here. Bigger and improved. :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::rolleyes:

But my first priority which will probably take me another full year is the transcription and publication of unpublished German WW1 award rolls.

Rick,

I am sorry to hear that your work was stolen. I have written 3 articles and would be furious if they were stolen. I'll not bother you or make further attempts to see it. It's a shame as I would have learned a lot from you.

:beer: Doc

Guest Rick Research

Like I said, anybody else can PM you the link. I'd rather a link wasn't POSTED here since I give Z-E-R-O "business" to that website, for the obvious personal reason. Anybody who frequents several websites knows where it is.