News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I am very interested in obtaining a Saxe-Ernestine House Order Knight's cross.

I am considering the ones listed by Saxonia Militaria located in the UK.

Does anyone have experience with this collector/dealer?

Emedals in Canada has two but I think they are way over priced.

Thank you

Rod

Edited by Rod

Rick,

I should have added they have real gold centers, original ribbon, silver arms are marked 925 EE.

The "unissued" part seemed sort of strange to me.

I am just window shopping at this point as I need to find out more about this Order.

Prices range from $600 to $800.

From what very little I know these seem to be very attractive offerings.

I am not familiar with this dealer, thus my question.

Rod

Must be knight 2nd as they are silver with swords.... presented as "unissued" ??? Sorry the pics are blocked so I can't provide a scan.

Rod

Hello Rod

Is this the picture from Saxonia Militaria that you refer to ? If so, I hope it helps.

He has some very nice pieces, his SEHO were reasonably priced. He has a few copy flight badges on his site and a few real ones. I attempted to do a deal with him once and he never replied to any eMail except my final one. It was sent in frustration as he never reponded to inquiries for photos, etc. and I stated I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.. His reply was to tell me to bugger off, he had a life, a job, etc.

Personally, I cannot understand why you would offer items for sale and then ignore serious inquiries.

Other folks have had very good experiences with him so perhaps I just caught him on a bad day.

Hi David M..

YES that is one of the pics. Thanks so much.

I am really looking for a real gold one and the ones offered are silver. I have been told by medalnet to be cautious about the gold ones as many are gilt bronze and very hard to distinguish from gold.

I may have to be satisfied with the silver.

Again thanks,

Rod

Hi Rod, I'd give him a chance. The prices are fair and as I said, I may have just caught him at a tough time.

Happy Christmas!

Hi Stogieman... I am looking at the site more and more.

I was hoping someone might comment on the 925 EE mark. I realize the 925 is silver content. However, I was hoping to pin down the EE which I guess is a maker's mark. It would be nice to know if someone could identify the maker for me.

Also, the "unissued" part bothers me. Were these medals made after WW1? I really would like to get a vintage pre 1918 one.

Thanks so much again.

Rod

EE is for E. EBERHARDT in Altenburg. I think it's for Ernst but not sure.

Regards

Christophe

Hi,

This knight cross is from Altenburg. The EE is from one jeweler from Altenburg. Tomorrow I can give you all the information. Please wait. The 925 is the silver hallmark.

Regards

Christophe

• 3 weeks later...

The Knights cross is in transist to me from the UK.

I read on another forum that the duce awarded the medal up into the 1930s.

Does anyone have an idea if E. Eberhardt was in business into this era?

Maybe my cross does not have the providance of WW 1 but it still has something to say.

My experience with Peter Nadini has been sort of frustrasting since he is is busy with his "daytime" job but I do believe he is someone to be respected. He has been very cordial with me.

Once I actually receive my cross I will comment further.

Emedals has a GOLD one but I need to think more about it!

Rod