News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Research Order of the Red Star Nr. 3.703.545

Absolutely, Andreas :beer: But it was my turn after all the catch-up awards for wounds ;)

Yep... I got research back for 8 Red Stars this time... All were post-war catch ups save for the one for the Czechoslovakia invasion and one to the chief of intelligence of the Kiev military region! Sometimes you win some, most of the time you don't!

Dave

No envy here, though Ed's collection has one less Red Star coming to it... :rolleyes::cheeky:

Seriously, I just got the citation for Vavenko's Red Star. It's very nice! I'll scan it and Ed can post it up with the thread.

Dave

Yes indeed one, i could save from Ed?s paws :cheeky: After all the soviet awards for Afhganistan he posted, i already was conviced, there won?t be much to come for us other collectors. :D

I look forward to Vavenko?s citation.

Edited by Gerd Becker

Yes indeed one, i could save from Ed?s paws :cheeky: After all the soviet awards for Afhganistan he posted, i already was conviced, there won?t be much to come for us other collectors. :D

I look forward to Vavenko?s citation.

No . . . they're all mine . . . all mine . . . mine . . . my preciousssss(es)!

:cheers:

Feel free to post scan, Dave. I wanna see it too. :jumping:

Yep... I got research back for 8 Red Stars this time... All were post-war catch ups save for the one for the Czechoslovakia invasion and one to the chief of intelligence of the Kiev military region! Sometimes you win some, most of the time you don't!

Dave

Thats true, Dave. This was obviously a very lucky shot.

Gerd

But the thing is that if you never research them, then you'll never know. :rolleyes:

You know, i agree completely, Ed. Just out of couriousity, as this won?t leave me anytime soon, what would a Red Star be worth with such a Research? I myself would pay probably 100-120 Dollar,but would i get one for this price?

You know, i agree completely, Ed. Just out of couriousity, as this won?t leave me anytime soon, what would a Red Star be worth with such a Research? I myself would pay probably 100-120 Dollar,but would i get one for this price?

As mine have come from a fellow forumite or similar sources, I really don't know open market value. Sorry.

• 1 month later...

I got the translations from my researcher today and although Rick already gave a good overview, i?ll post the complete citation. Here it is:

" Brief description of personal feat or merits

Anisimkov Sergey Alexeevich is an industrious and disciplined officer. He is a good professional. He makes the best use of his opportunities in training the Afghan regiment officers to apply artillery in different kinds of battle. More than once, he took part in operations against insurrection. In action he is a brave, determined, quickly and sufficiently finds his bearings, takes grounded decisions, helps the Afghan officers in artillery fire control. He doesn’t lose his presence of mind in complicated and dangerous for life situations, keeps cool and is self-controlled. During operations in the area of the settlement of Tolu he provided an opportunity for further attack, personally grounded a number of enemy’s firing points. In the area of the settlement of Fayisa he has scattered over open sights insurgents’ detachment, as a result the regiment’s mission was achieved. He has a deserved authority among the officers. Moral fibre is a characteristic feature of him. A devoted C.P.S.U. member.

CONCLUSION : For courage and firmness displayed in actions with insurgents, deserves the government award of the order of Red Star.

The first DEPUTY COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF of the land forces and the MAIN MILITARY ADVISER in the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan, ARMY GENERAL.

COMMANDER__________________

/A.MAYOROV/

July ? 1981

HIGHER COMMAND CONCLUSION

Deserves the government award of the order of Red Star

CHIEF of the 10th MAIN GENERAL COMMAND STAFF

COLONEL-GENERAL ______________________ZOTOV

September 30, 1981

Note of awarding

By the Decree of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR Presidium of November 23, 1981 is awarded with the order of Red Star.

Chief Officer of the personnel staff of military unit 44708

72295 ________________________signature"