News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Interesting Soviet/DDR/Mongolia Combination Group

Stogieman

on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=170063748938

I cannot comment on authenticity, but it looks very interesting. Note the "bottom/foreign" medal bar with DDR, Bulgarian, Mongolian, etc. all mounted on what sure looks like the same unrelated ribbon (???).

If someone has better eyes than me, the two S/B award numbers/award dates can be added to our lists.

Just took a look at the auction and realized it was only for the foreign bar. That is either: 1 - very sad that someone broke up the group or 2 - someone is very enterprising and is selling a duplicate set of foreign awards as none of the s/ns will be traceable. Both options are..... :violent:

Just took a look at the auction and realized it was only for the foreign bar. That is either: 1 - very sad that someone broke up the group or 2 - someone is very enterprising and is selling a duplicate set of foreign awards as none of the s/ns will be traceable. Both options are..... :violent:

Right . . . :angry:

Desecration.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes you wonder why Mongolia even had the 2-3-4 indicated Red Combat Banner's since they "never" seemed to actually been awarded. Here again, he has 2 RCB's of which one is a very recent model... I would have expected that the 2-3-4's would have been in stock so why not give such one instead of just a different new issue?

Makes you wonder why Mongolia even had the 2-3-4 indicated Red Combat Banner's since they "never" seemed to actually been awarded. Here again, he has 2 RCB's of which one is a very recent model... I would have expected that the 2-3-4's would have been in stock so why not give such one instead of just a different new issue?

As with most countries, I think they devoted less attention to odd and exotic foreigners than to their own citizens. And it may have been a function of what the embassy in Moscow held in the valuts. Yet as only some 40 of the "2" were ever awarded, . . . 10-15 of the "3" and 4-5 of the "4" . . . ???

As with most countries, I think they devoted less attention to odd and exotic foreigners than to their own citizens. And it may have been a function of what the embassy in Moscow held in the valuts. Yet as only some 40 of the "2" were ever awarded, . . . 10-15 of the "3" and 4-5 of the "4" . . . ???

Are you referring to number of people awarded a second / third / fourth RCB or number of people awarded an RCP with a 2 /3 / 4 at bottom?

Also, I've seen above numbers mentioned several times but what's the source?

Are you referring to number of people awarded a second / third / fourth RCB or number of people awarded an RCP with a 2 /3 / 4 at bottom?

Those awarded the "2", "3", or "4" numbered badges. Or, more accurately, and turning that around, the numbers of "2", "3", and "4" badges awarded. The first number is probably unknowable, for photographs (and I refer here of photos of Mongolians, not foreigners) make it clear that numbered subsequent awards weren't consistent. Even Choibalsan's five (5!) RCBs seem to have been unnumbered. Yet Lkhagvasuren's are properly numbered 2-3-4.

Also, I've seen above numbers mentioned several times but what's the source?

Dr. Battushig.

We shall, of course, know more when the registers of awards become available. Unfortuntely, this will also constitute a division in our collections between awarded pieces with history and the unawarded (but still numismtically nice) bank escapees.

Look what the seller answered to somebody.

Currently for sale at Ebay is all of the International part of the decorations awarded to Gen. Vasyagin. We can also provide an offer of the rest of the Russian pieces either to highest bidder or to anyone else interested in the complete group, but not before auction end.

It must be a scam, it looks like the ribbons were painted red on photoshop.

The Karl Marx order is first in on the group and then second on black and white picture? All ribbons have been changed. :unsure:

Edited by Soviet