News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Named Stabsingenieur uniform

Guest Rick Research

All I could tell you about the family before was that they indeed originated in Scotland...

but I now have a post-WW2 genealogical volume coming which happens to INCLUDE the von Gordon family, so hope to have everything you want to know in 10 days or so.

Guest Rick Research

Got the 1954 "Adelige H?user" volume with von Gordons today and it does NOT have your guy in it-- just 16 generations (!) of the same BRANCH of the von Gordon family, from Scotland to Laskowitz, where a number of the family were murdered by the Soviets over two days in January 1945.

So the search goes on-- he was not from THAT branch.

Thanks Bob,

I have tried to stick to the Luftwaffe Engineering Corps as the focus of my collection. It is an obscure branch that I am having trouble finding data about.

I am always looking for documents and cloth pertaining to this branch.

Thanks Rick,

Knowing that he is not part of that branch of family is a lot more than I knew before. I hope something can be found about him. I appreciate your efforts.

Bill

Edited by luftguy

• 2 weeks later...

Rick,

I received word from WASt. Rudolf von Gordon was born March 12,1903 in Wilhelmshaven. Maybe this will help dig up more info. Is it possible to request a birth and/or death certificate?

Bill

Edited by luftguy

Guest Rick Research

No help with the one branch of the Scottish family I've got anything on.

I've had spotty luck with German vital records, and no experience in recent years since all the Cover Up Stasi Informers "privacy" laws went into effect. You MIGHT get his parents, but then ahgain, Wilhelmshaven was bombed often and those may be gone. I've had better luck with little country towns than cities... but then that goes for such records HERE too!

• 2 weeks later...

Bill -

Thank you for sharing the photographs of your uniform grouping. As a fellow Luftwaffe history enthusiast, I have often attempted over the years to pick up such a grouping as yours, with out luck. It is indeed one of the branches of the Luftwaffe that is seemingly more difficult to obtain uniform material from. A few years ago, I noticed a uniform grouping from this arena complete with peaked cap, boots, and gloves, but missed out on the set by literally minutes in becoming its new owner. Oh well, such is the route of being a historian.

Again, thank you for sharing this with us. As stated previously, it indeed be interesting to see more from your collection.

Repsectfully,

Frank