News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Grossherzoglicher Hofjaeger Carl Schulz Mecklenburg-Strelitz

Hello gentlemen,

at the last Thies auction I got this nice document :D

It?s for the "Herzoglicher Hofj?ger Carl Schulz from (Mecklenburg-)Strelitz" (hunter at the court of M-S).

He awarded the silver merit medal of the Leopold-Order Lippe-Detmold on October, 25th of 1913.

Now I found out, that Thies divided the group of awards of this person :speechless1::banger:

In 2003 (auction No.23) he sold the shown document together with the medal

(Now it came without it, but I`ve a fitting one...)

and he also sold a document and a "Ged?chnismedaille f?r Gro?herzog Adolf Friedrich V Mecklenburg-Strelitz"

at a single-bar (awarded July, 22th 1913) :banger:

Does anybody have a list, where any other award of this man is listed?

I?m quite sure, that he got more awards, maybe from other states...

Thank you for any help.

Greetings

Solomon

Edited by Solomon

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: 25. Oktober 1913! THAT is odd--

He is on the Roll, # 204 with an award date of 6. AUGUST 1913 !!!

Schulz was born 5 August 1888 in Dabelow, Mecklenburg.

There were 8 other awards of the silver Leopold Medal to Mecklenburg "Hoflakei" types-- all on 6 August according to the Roll.

I will note this discrepancy with the Urkunde data when I transcribe all the Lippe-Detmold awards from 1900 on, later this year. :beer:

No,no...the date of the awarding, August, 6th 1913, is correct...it is also mentioned in the first sentence of this doc.

I was wrong...sorry! He got the document for it a few month later..in October 1913.

Greetings

Solomon

Guest Rick Research

Doch. That's what I meant also-- quite a delay in "getting around to it."

Which also suggests the medals were handed over WITHOUT any paperwork, and the Urkunden got sent along later.

Doch. That's what I meant also-- quite a delay in "getting around to it."

Which also suggests the medals were handed over WITHOUT any paperwork, and the Urkunden got sent along later.

If you are interested in the other awards of Schulz, why not ask the Landesarchiv at Schwerin? They helped me out (for free) often enough, Schulz should be in the Staatshandbuch of Strelitz (did I write Schwerin , yes I did, as it is the Landesarchiv for Mecklenburg, I hink they have Strelitz Staatshandb?cher aswell!!

Regards

David

Thank you for your help!

I?m going to ask the Landesarchiv Mecklenburg...maybe they can help...

Greetings

Solomon

BTW...here is a silver merit medal of the Leopoldorden Lippe-Detmold (I already showed it...)

This one ist made by Carl B?sch, Hannover, who delievered it from 1908-1914.

• 1 year later...
    Guest Rick Research

Karl Schulz, "Hofj?ger" received the MStMV2 as Oberj?ger in Reserve J?ger Bataillon 14 on 20 October 1914. He is number 2 on the main Cross for Distinction in War "C" Roll.

:catjava:

Guest Rick Research

Note that Huntsman Schulz and his nearest "C" Roll entry neighbors had their Crosses "delivered to (Fl?geladjutant) Major v Krell"--