News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Have you seen this Bavarian/Luftwaffe medal bar?

pics and description. It looks familiar but I don't remember where I recently saw it.

A nine-piece medal bar

of a Bavarian officer

Iron Cross 1914, 2nd Class (OEK 1909). Bavaria, Military Order of Merit, Cross 4th Class, with crown and swords, silver, enameled, on the reverse maker's name Jakob Leser (OEK 4412). Austria, Military Cross of Merit 3rd Class, with war decoration, gold-plated, enameled (Marko 136). Cross of Honour for Front Fighters. Austria, medal "For Austria 1914/1918", gold-plated. Service medals for the Luftwaffe, cross for 25 years and medal for 12 years, each gold-plated and with eagle pins on the ribbons (OEK 3857/59). Bavaria, Jubilee Medal 1905 for the Bavarian Army, bronze (OEK 517). Hungary, Remembrance medal 1914/1918. Well-preserved clasp with ribbon colours still fresh.

Boy, you guys are fast! I just had time to throw the pizza in the oven, and already you've responded.

I felt a little awkward about posting HH's picture, but I guess that shouldn't bother them. Anyway, there it is. Anyone seen it?

Tim

About bothering the Auction houses, don't bother, we always place a source with the image, thus it's fair to post them.

Placing pictures is just to prevend the information from going offline when the auctionhouse refreshes it's site and removes our subject.

Kind regards,

Jacky

Guest Rick Research

Well, there's nothing worse than a thread whose remotely linked image-- whether from ebay or wherever-- has gone "poof." This is the sort of thing that somebody may come across 2 or 3 or 74 years from now :rolleyes: and say "Aha!" being able to SEE the image.

I agree, credit the source but post it HERE. :beer:

The flat bottom was never "common," but it was a mainly Bavarian style. It is, unfortunately, the lazy fraudsters' style of choice these days for Frankenstein parts bars, which adversely affects the old original REAL ones.

As you've probably guessed, one of the reasons I'm asking about the bar is because I thought I might have an ID on it, but I have a lot of doubts. The person I have in mind is qualified for all of the Prussian, Bavarian & 3rd Reich awards on this bar, but I don't think the Austrian/Hungarian awards apply, as to my knowledge he was never on the Austrian front. He served in France on the Western front the entire war. Could he have received the Austrian awards without serving on that front?

Tim

As you've probably guessed, one of the reasons I'm asking about the bar is because I thought I might have an ID on it, but I have a lot of doubts. The person I have in mind is qualified for all of the Prussian, Bavarian & 3rd Reich awards on this bar, but I don't think the Austrian/Hungarian awards apply, as to my knowledge he was never on the Austrian front. He served in France on the Western front the entire war. Could he have received the Austrian awards without serving on that front?

Tim

The Austrian and Hungarian awards were available to any vet, regardless where they served.

Guest Rick Research

Tim: let me know by PM if you want, who you have in mind, since I've excluded any of the Generals-- unless I've missed one. I don't have the time available that I used to for thorough individual searches. :blush: But given the refernces that I have on hand, exclusions or confirmations on specific names are easier to do.