News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Pakistan Army in parade

Antonio Prieto

A fine looking group of men! I've always thought that khaki with a little red was a nice, elegant but understated look. (Hence the Corps of Guides dress uni which someone referred to recently on another thread.)

Is it just me, or do they have a very "British" look to uniforms and accouterments?

Peter

Is it just me, or do they have a very "British" look to uniforms and accouterments?

This is true for both Pakistan and India (even for Bangladesh). Old traditions die hard. Guess that's why they're called "traditions"?

In recent years, as India has gotten closer to the US, there has been some contagion spreading from that side. A proliferation of meaningless little badges, using collar-badge stars for general-grade officers, etc. Sad.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of ID's on his bars please

Row #1

a: Tamgha-i-Quai-i-Azam

b: ?

Row #2

a: Istar-i-Herb

b: Tamgha-i-Jang

c: ?

d: ?

Row #3

a: 10 yr

b: 20 yr

c: 30 yr

Row #4

a: Wiladat-i-Quaid-iAzam

b: Hijri medal

c: Jamhuriat medal

d: Golden Jubilee medal of the pakistani revolution

Row #5

a: Pakistand Independence Day Golden Jubilee medal

b: ?

c: ?

Would that be correct?

Edited by Laurence Strong

• 11 months later...

The guard of honour is drawn from the Guard Battalion which provides ceremonial guards in the Pakistani capital. At the President's House, office, PM's office etc. Currently this duty is being done by a battalion of the POK (Pakistani Ocuppied Kashmir) Regiment. their parent formation is X Corps (headquartered at Chaklala, Rawalpindi). For operations and internal security the battalion comes under 111 Independent Brigade Group, the Pakistan Army's coup-implementation force.