News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Afghanistan exhibition at the Stalingrad Panorama museum

afghanistan5bi0.jpg

afghanistan6rk8.jpg

afghanistan7cl2.jpg

afghanistan9nu0.jpg

I'm not sure if the late Lenin were that ugly or are these museum copies? :unsure:

afghanistan8gq6.jpg

Bryan,

These look like museum copies. Same for the HSUs.

BTW, look at the suspensions of the Lenin : the two on the left don't seem to have the same size as the two on the right... :rolleyes: Curious...

Ch.

I wonder if the Red Stars are ones that are actual posthumous ones, or just ones there as "examples" like the Gold Star/Lenin combos... If they're the real ones, WOW would I love to get the serial numbers off them!!!!!

I wonder if the Red Stars are ones that are actual posthumous ones, or just ones there as "examples" like the Gold Star/Lenin combos... If they're the real ones, WOW would I love to get the serial numbers off them!!!!!

I agree with you Dave. they seem real ones... But for the SN ?...

Ch.

Dave, when I was there last summer I saw that on almost all pictures shown with orders, the soldiers were KIA. So there is much chances that those are posthumous ones!

By the way, most of the stuff shown at the Stalingrad Panorama museum were in my opinion 100% original. I saw few museum copies out there.

Hallo Gents, :cheers:

some great pictures, may I ask what this Cross is, and what is it awarded for??

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Kevin,

This is the Order of Courage of Russian Federation, instituted on 2 March 1994.

It is awarded in one class to the civilian and military for deeds of courage and self-sacrifice while saving life, protecting public order, fighting crime, fire, flood, etc., as well as for acts of bravery in military or civilian service. The order roughly corresponds to the Soviet Red Star Order and the Order for Personal Courage.

Ch.