News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1939 EKII "24"

Gentlemen,

I just made a purchase today and happy to report that another 1939 EKII has been added to my display case. The ribbon has been tied to suspension ring and I really like way it looks quite frankly. Your comments are always welcome.

Regards,

Joel

Hello Joel

Oh dear. The first one. You do realise what you have done don't you ? There is no turning back now. Welcome the slippery slope that is collecting maker marked EKs. It always starts with just one. Then another comes along, and another, and another.........before you know it you have loads of them :speechless1:

Seriously, though, EKs are highly addictive and very pleasurable. Enjoy. :cheers:

Edited by DavidM

Nice cross, Joel. I've been collecting EKII's for some time now, and have accumulated a little over half the known makers. You started with one of my favorites, the wide-frame 24. I like the little secret 'acorns' and other mysterious markings that come on some of the 24's jump rings. I love their wide flange design, a really good looking iron cross.

Welcome to the 1939 EKII family. Like the other members said, "There's no turning back, now."

BTW, nice photography in the sunlight. It really makes the details stand out nicely.

Robert

Hello again Joel,

Here's one of my 24's with that same little funny mark on the jump ring that your has. I don't know what it means, do you? I have one also with a little 'acron' on it. I don't know why it's called an acorn. It looks like a large period or something. But everyone calls it that. And they welded only one side of the jump ring, and not the other side.???

Robert

Edited by robert pierce

Robert,

A beautiful collection you sprawled out for the world to see. Most impressive! In regards to the mark on the smaller ring I have in certain circles, it being called an acorn as well. Must be an inspection mark I would guess. Kudos again for showing your collection.

Regards,

Joel