News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Suvorov Academy Badge

Hi all,

First off... if this belongs in the other section please feel free to move it. I just had to post this one... currently on Ebay. Not sure what's what with this one... authentic or fantasy or what. But look at that portrait. :speechless1: Looks like an old lady who's taken out her false teeth! :rolleyes::D Needless to say, if this is real then how far the once mighty have fallen. :o

Dan :cheers:

Hi all,

First off... if this belongs in the other section please feel free to move it. I just had to post this one... currently on Ebay. Not sure what's what with this one... authentic or fantasy or what. But look at that portrait. :speechless1: Looks like an old lady who's taken out her false teeth! :rolleyes::D Needless to say, if this is real then how far the once mighty have fallen. :o

Dear Dan,

mine looks different :P .

Everything is wrong with the picture of Generalissimus Suvorov :mad: .

Usually these school-badges are rather well manufactured ...

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Dear Dan,

mine looks different :P .

Everything is wrong with the picture of Generalissimus Suvorov :mad: .

Usually these school-badges are rather well manufactured ...

Christian

Hi Christian,

Could you show a shot of yours for reference? I'm assuming then that this is a "bad" copy. But again why someone would want to copy such a thing unless it's rare is beyond me.

Hi Christian,

Could you show a shot of yours for reference? I'm assuming then that this is a "bad" copy. But again why someone would want to copy such a thing unless it's rare is beyond me.

Dear Dan,

sorry, I don't have a good digital camera :( .

But I can show you the Suvorov-Badge of Dr. Herfurth's 1987 collection - authentic, of course ;) .

Suvorov-Badges usually have rather fine red enamel and a realistic face - at least the older ones ...

Christian

Edited by Christian Zulus

Dear Dan,

sorry, I don't have a good digital camera :( .

But I can show you the Suvorov-Badge of Dr. Herfurth's 1987 collection - authentic, of course ;) .

Suvorov-Badges usually have rather fine red enamel and a realistic face - at least the older ones ...

Christian

Thanks Christian. Like Ed said, I sure hope the one I spotted is a fake, otherwise YUCK! Looks barely like the one you posted... many differences not the least of which is in the face.

It is a fake. I saw plenty of these for sale at Ismailovski Market in Moscow at about $1 a pop. The reliable dealers were selling them as copies. The originals for some of the provincial schools are scarce so I presume they have the fakes as space fillers. Personally I wouldn't touch them, the difference in quality with the originals is tremendous.