News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Once in a life time deal !?!

Hopefully nobody takes the bait!!!

Even if just one does, the effort will pay. :shame:

Here is another horse from the same stable:

I'm putting it up here "as it is" to preserve it for the future generations. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

It must cetainly be the WWII type, as it was only then that they added Swedish clips to the ribbon :speechless1:

You can have this beauty "purchased off a very reputable seller of fine medals" for just US $115.00 (+ $10.00 shipping and handling)! Run folks and be quick!!!

Lukasz: What is this medal? I have a uniform with the exact ribbon on it that I haven't been able to figure out what it is. Thanks! Dave

Going to The Source -- http://www.medals.lava.pl/pl/pl4c.htm#mmd -- it seems to be the Medal Za Zaslugi dla Obronnosci Kraju / Medal for Merit for Country Defense (post-1991 variety). The same ribbon was used for the 1966-91 medal.

Edited by Ed_Haynes

I would like to think that we could start a thread called the "Dubious Seller Watchdog" flagging sites. listings or sellers where we can list those selling soviet material at rip off prices or under total misnomers (wrong descriptions or fakes as originals).

However having said that:

a) it may be hard for some to distinguish between the "rarer high priced" item versus the "overpriced" item;

b) I can see the potential room for disagreement one way or another when prices and values are discussed - lets face it.... it has happenned before :rolleyes: !; and

c) potential misunderstandings may arise when sellers are unfairly listed if they have one listing where they may mistakenly "misfire" on the asking price or description

So albeit this is probably a good idea particulary as it would help new collectors, I think it may end up by backfiring in the long run causing more problems than it may have solved!!

What do you guys think....

Jim

Going to The Source -- http://www.medals.lava.pl/pl/pl4c.htm#mmd -- it seems to be the Medal Za Zaslugi dla Obronnosci Kraju / Medal for Merit for Country Defense (post-1991 variety). The same ribbon was used for the 1966-91 medal.

Yes, it is! That's the pre-1991 type. The post-1991 type is this:

pl4mmd1.jpg

Cheers,

Lukasz