News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Researched Order of Glory 3rd class Nr. 121304

The Spassky-Tower is also shown on the Order of Victory, the Order of Kutuzov, the 40 years Victory Medal and the 800 Anniversary of Moscow-Medal, if i am not mistaken.

Wow :Cat-Scratch: I had never noticed the that befor on the Kutuzov :jumping: You learn somthing new every day :D

The Medal For the deffence of Moscow, just misses showing the Sparsky Tower :unsure:

Order of Victory

Sorry to contradict you Gerd, but the tower in the middle of the Medal for the 800th Birthday of Moscow is not the Spasskaya tower, but the Blagoveshchenskaya tower. See below :

kremlmapim2.jpg

Your thread as been completly high-jacked! :rolleyes:

Beautiful citation, no question about that!

Slightly off topic, the Vienna and Budapest liberation medals were awarded under the Ukaz of 9/6/1945. I forgot (or perhaps never new it), was that a mass award Ukaz?

Sergei

Sorry to contradict you Gerd, but the tower in the middle of the Medal for the 800th Birthday of Moscow is not the Spasskaya tower, but the Blagoveshchenskaya tower. See below :

No problem, Bryan, i appreciate interesting contributions. And thank you for the correction, you are absolutely right.

Gerd

Edited by Gerd Becker

Slightly off topic, the Vienna and Budapest liberation medals were awarded under the Ukaz of 9/6/1945. I forgot (or perhaps never new it), was that a mass award Ukaz?

Sergei

Thank you, Sergei. Beside the fact, that he was obviously a brave man, its interesting, that he was in an Assault Engineering Sapper Battalion. Its the first time i heard about such unit.

I don?t know the answer to your question, but i would like to know as well, so if anyone can clarify this, i would appreciate it very much.

Thanks again

Gerd

kremlmapim2.jpg

Soviet,

Thanks for the map of the Kremlin and it's towers. Very educational!!!

:beer: Doc

Sergei

Yes, the capture/liberation awards were awarded under mass ukaz dated 9 June 1945. That's not when everyone physically received them, of course, but that's when they were authorized, thus the preprinted Ukaz date in the document for each.

Hope that helps!

Dave

Yes, the capture/liberation awards were awarded under mass ukaz dated 9 June 1945. That's not when everyone physically received them, of course, but that's when they were authorized, thus the preprinted Ukaz date in the document for each.

Hope that helps!

Dave

Absolutely! Thanks, Dave.