News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

China Ribbon bar w/Teintsin class

I have had this bar for about a year and have been work on the ID. I have more checking to to but for now the best fit is Kontreadmirale Georg Scheidt. As best as I can determine here is his information:

Scheidt, Georg 1883, 04.16. Centenarmedaille KL 1897, 03.22.S MARS, Instrukteur

Scheidt, Georg 1883, 04.16. China K?mpfer KL 1901, 05.10.S IRENE, NavOffz

Scheidt, Georg 1883, 04.16. DA XXV KL 1902, 05.17. STEIN, 1. Offz

Scheidt, Georg 1883, 04.16. T?rk. Osmanie-O.3. KL 1903, 01.10. STEIN, 1. Offz

Scheidt, Georg 1883, 04.16. RAO4 KK 1905, 01.22. UNDINE, Kdt

Scheidt, Georg 1883, 04.16. RAO 3. Kl. m. Sch KzS 1909, 09.05. ROON, Kdt

Scheidt, Georg 1883, 04.16. PKO. 2. Kl. KzS 1912, 01.21. Marinedepotinspektion, Inspekteur

Scheidt, Georg 1883, 04.16. EK 1914 II. Kl. KA 1916, 08.01. Marinedepotinspektion, Inspekteur

This confirms all awards except the Ludwig. The IRENE was involved with Teintsin in China. If someone has the Die Deutschen Admirale by Hildebrand and Henriot would you post his entry. Here is a link which describes some of his action during the war.

http://www.gwpda.org/naval/hsfsgco.htm

Edited by Paul C

Hi Paul, I think the bar might be made-up. The construction, the precedence and the unequal wear of the ribbons suggests this to me. Note the bright color of everything except the Ludwig Cross. The upward slope to the ends, the backing material, the oddly extended bar all give me pause. By themselves, I wouldn't worry... but the combination of so many odd elements in one bar just strikes me as strange.

just one thing to think about.......: the minis of the colonial battle clasps are ultra rare and I don`t think that someone uses one of these to build a bar like this. If I would fake a bar of that a bit poor quality I would not put a highlight like this on it...

just one thing to think about.......: the minis of the colonial battle clasps are ultra rare and I don`t think that someone uses one of these to build a bar like this. If I would fake a bar of that a bit poor quality I would not put a highlight like this on it...

I do not understand what you are saying. Do you think the bar is a fake or just of poor quality?

Georg Scheidt: strange - why did he go aD at 52, during the war and with a promotion to char. VizeAdm? Rick will have an explanation.

But (provided the bar is ok), I don't think it can be him, for several reasons:

- The Osmanie 3rd cl was a NECK order. I think the last ribbon can only be a Bavarian Jubilee.

- With a PKO2 by 1912, he cannot have worn a PKO4 or 3 on his bar.

- His DOA entry might be wrong, but no China medal is listed there.

If the bar is ok, I think #2 is an 1870 medal, and this is a Major/Oberstlt who went aD before WW1 and got the Ludwig Cross (and EK2) as a rear area/Landwehr commander.

Paul,

I wanted to say that all the things Stogie said would be ok for me if there would be NO battle clasp....but there is one!!! the bar looks not very good made, but I think it is ok because on such a not very well made bar I would not put such a rare original battle clasp if I want to produce a fake bar... puuuh, not easy to tell in english what I want to say ;)

Again, I would say it is ok, original and old but not very nice made...