News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Easy Eight... the buried tank

Amazing what one can find if you dig deep enough. :P

Dan :cheers:

Isn't it? Thirty years ago I lived in Sudbury, a mining town in mid-north Ontario, Canada. One day a Sherman "Easy Eight" appeared on a trailer in front of a local hotel, complete with main gun and some extra hooks and cables. The story was that the hotel owner, also a timber man, had bought 20-30 really cheap to use as timber haulers. They hadn't worked very well for whatever reason, so he'd kept this one as a souvenir and left the rest in the north woods where, if the story's true they probably still sit. :speechless1:

I also met a guy who found a Bren Gun Carrier in a swamp in the woods, abandoned by hunters, and rescued it (and kept it too). Weird old world: we think these things are history on wheels, most people think they're inconveniently packaged scrap iron!

Cheers :cheers:

Peter

Edited by peter monahan