News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SSH 39

PAB

Hello all and some old friends I see in this section.

What do you think of this helmet SSH39 seller says liner is wartime replaced but there is metal exposure at the back rivet looks recent as there seems no oxidistation? If its period even though replaced I might be interested in purchace. The seller wants $400 is that a ok price if all is period. Pete

1385.jpg

1385_1.jpg

1385_2.jpg

1385_4.jpg

1385_5.jpg

1385_10.jpg

1385_9.jpg

Hi Pete!

glad to see you again.

The helmet looks ok and correct.

But I myself do not like the following:

1. ersatz-leather lining has no specific traces of wear.

2. the liner band and holders are not painted. Usually they are painted in the same color with the helmet shell.

3. at the stamp, the letter, indicating the word "year", does remind me english "r" more than russian g (г)

Minus is also that the star is almost gone.

I think the price is high. for this helmet I would pay not more than 300 dollars, I think.

Also, Pete, ask the seller, what happens if he deforms the band by curving it. If it is made of correct spring metal, it will return it's round form. If no and it stays curved, the band is probably fake.