News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Romanian Communist Era Medal Ribbon Bars

Guest Rick Research

Thanks for the side views! The Rumanian ones are FAR better quality than the usual Soviety versions--makes me wonder why the DDR went with those execrable paper-insert ones. :banger:

That is why I call these "D-profile plastiglass." I'm still not exactly sure what the actual transparent substance is, since it can be found in Soviet bars as far back as the late 1940s, lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng before "Lucite" in the West.

Like the movie "The Graduate" I am old enough to remember a world very much WITHOUT plastic here.

• 5 weeks later...

A question for the group. How do you put one of these bars together and keep the paper pieces in place? Do all of the countries that used these D shaped plastic bars assemble them the same way? I know when I try to put a Hungarain bar together sometimes the plastic piece slides easily and other times sticks fast part way in. Ive never tried to put a plastic piece in with the paper ribbons in place. I can not see how you could do it without destroying the papaer but obviously there had to be a way.

Regards,

Gordon

Guest Rick Research

I have one DDR one and the @&%*ing paper "ribbons" slide underneath each other all the time. :banger:

At least if they had printed common ordinary groups (like the endless duplications of long service awards) as ONE PIECE ROWS that wouldn't have happened. :speechless:

• 4 years later...

Hello

Few days ago, I got a romanian ribbon bar but it seemed to be homemade. The ribbon was painted, they were really well made. I believed that it was not authentic and I sent it back to the seller. Somebody can tell me if this kind of ribbon bar could be original ?

I have just to find an another exemple on eBay with the ribbons made with paint.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Romania-Beautiful-Medal-Order-Bar-Ribbon-Rumanien-12-Medals-/390401290647?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae5baf197

Hello

Few days ago, I got a romanian ribbon bar but it seemed to be homemade. The ribbon was painted, they were really well made. I believed that it was not authentic and I sent it back to the seller. Somebody can tell me if this kind of ribbon bar could be original ?

I have just to find an another exemple on eBay with the ribbons made with paint.

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5ae5baf197

Hallo Euronymous :speechless1:

Romanian Communist period painted ribbon bars are NOT fake, but original pieces and somewhat rare.

I have only a couple of examples in my collection if I get a few minutes tomorrow I will take a picture in natural daylight

and post here.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Good evening Kevin

I have a RSR jacket (80's) from a colonel in the communications and I would like to complete it with a ribbon bar.

I have just to find an another painted ribbons bar:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/b881-ROMANIA-communist-MEDALS-BAR-FOR-DRESS-UNIFORM-/140542299804?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b8f94e9c

This ribbons bar could be OK for my colonel jacket ?

Thanks for your help !