News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Parade jacket MGB 1951/53

Hello,

found this jacket "for a good price beer.gif "on the worlds favourite auction side.

I think, it is a 1951/1953 MGB jacket for a LtColonel. I think most likely the guy was in the legal/justice department/brach of the MGB. See the shoulder boards. (shield with two swords) The shoulder boards are sewed inside the jacket with a white pack twine.

The collar and cuffs are made out of gold plated metal on blue cloth.

1946 ? 1954 MGB (Ministerstwo Gossudarstwennoi Besopasnosti)

1954 - 1991 KGB (Komitet Gossudarstwennoi Besopasnosti)

Two front buttons are marked with 1951 and the rest with 1953. There is no stamp/marker inside the jacket. One button inside the jacket is marked with:

Moscow Moscwa Tamp

Which visor cap/hat would fit to this jacket. Has anybody a picture?

Is this a victory parade jacket or a service uniform?

Any comments/oppinions are appreciated.

best regards

Andreas

Edited by Alfred

Guest Rick Research

love.giflove.giflove.gif This is GREAT!

What's the "world's favorite" site?????

And what is a "good" price? I've never seen one like this-- splendid piece!

Did you GET it? Is it at your house? I don't like praising items still up for sale, because many nasty people then decide to start bidding wars and greed kills friendship.

I hope you HAVE it!

• 4 weeks later...

Seems to be a very interesting jacket. Got a reply from another collector.

He thinks it is a uniform worn by officials of the coal industrie.

"The uniform is very close to the dress uniform worn by officials of the coal industry (not miners of course - but he senior commissars and department chiefs) in the late 40's and early 50's. They also used the bright blue edging - on a dark blue/black uniform."

Guest Rick Research

Hmmm. With the military style cuffs and collar patches, and gold shoulder boards?

That would surprise me, but then we do NOT have any references on all those other uniformed services.

At least so far "mystery" usually works in our favor for buying items no one is sure how to identify!

And BTW... I have had black breeches with dark blue Sate Security piping for years, took them out of a bin of unsorted uniform materials. I was told they were "Railways Security."

We need good books!

In the meantime, Stalin-era/1950s stuff that looks great and is a good price... go for it!!! I do when I can! beer.gif

Here's an example-- this white summer Starshina Kitel has buttons dated 1957.

[attachmentid=8254]

Now according to Tokar's civil police uniforms 1918-1991 book, the silver braid should have the cross bar at the button end, not the shoulder end, and the straps should be red with blue piping, not blue with red piping as here.

[attachmentid=8255]

And yet... the ONLY ones I have ever seen have been exactly like mine here!

Same "undocumented" 16 Republics 1946+ cap star on this M1947 Police (Militia) visor cap...

[attachmentid=8259]

supposed to be a cockade. Mysteries, mysteries!

• 3 years later...

Hello,

found this jacket "for a good price beer.gif "on the worlds favourite auction side.

I think, it is a 1951/1953 MGB jacket for a LtColonel. I think most likely the guy was in the legal/justice department/brach of the MGB. See the shoulder boards. (shield with two swords) The shoulder boards are sewed inside the jacket with a white pack twine.

The collar and cuffs are made out of gold plated metal on blue cloth.

1946 – 1954 MGB (Ministerstwo Gossudarstwennoi Besopasnosti)

1954 - 1991 KGB (Komitet Gossudarstwennoi Besopasnosti)

Two front buttons are marked with 1951 and the rest with 1953. There is no stamp/marker inside the jacket. One button inside the jacket is marked with:

Moscow Moscwa Tamp

Which visor cap/hat would fit to this jacket. Has anybody a picture?

Is this a victory parade jacket or a service uniform?

Any comments/oppinions are appreciated.

best regards

Andreas

I'm sorry but this tunic is a phantasy! Fake!