News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1939 EKII unmarked

Hi All...

I'm looking for opinions on this recently acquired unmarked EKII. Good or bad??

It looks good to me except for the dates.. they are very low relief and the paint seems to have almost obliterated them (especially the 1813). It does not seem to ever have a repaint. The core on the reverse has some minor rust causing the paint to crack to a 'mosaic' type flaking, while the obverse is ok.

The frame itself is in good condition with quite a lot of frosting still remaining.

Anyone got any ideas on a maker??

Thanks!

Regards - Danny

Hi Danny. IMHO it's Deschler's piece.

Please add close-up with "1939" and inner portion of thr frame where the corners of the frame adjacent to the swastika. In this case(Deschler) low relief of iron core is 100% OK.

Regards - Igor

Thanks guys for the thumbs up!

Igor -

I can see slight similarities with Deschler EK's in the cross-hatching on the beading at the inner corners (although, it does not seem to be on every corner - I have attached closer pics). However, I was under the impression that all Deschler EKII crosses had a 'hump' where the jumpring was attached. Is this not correct?

Regards - Danny

I haven't a clue regarding the manufacturer, but allow me to cast another consenting vote as to its originality. It's a real pity about the rust; rust never sleeps. I don't think it's a Deschler though. It's missing that Deschler hump as illustrated below.