News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello,

Was wondering if one of the gents could tell me more about this medal. Ludwig II was that mysterious king who built Neuswanstein. Think this medal commemorates one or another event...?

Kind regards,

Jef

Hello,

Was wondering if one of the gents could tell me more about this medal. Ludwig II was that mysterious king who built Neuswanstein. Think this medal commemorates one or another event...?

Kind regards, Jef

Mad King Ludwig "Medal for Tourists" who visit any of the Bavarian Royal family castles in Bavaria, I see them being offered all the time on Ebay, they are not official, the dates pertain to his Birth and Death.

Made in steel and have a real crappy suspension system.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Mad King Ludwig "Medal for Tourists" who visit any of the Bavarian Royal family castles in Bavaria, I see them being offered all the time on Ebay, they are not official, the dates pertain to his Birth and Death.

Made in steel and have a real crappy suspension system.

Kevin in Deva. :cheers:

Thank you again, Kev. So it's a bit of rubbish with no historical value?

Jef

Yup, mine came off a bottle of Liebfraumilch, or something.

Hello Tom Y and Vtwin Vince,

Actually I never saw this medal before. And do you keep, display the medal together with your other awards, or do you wear the medal when you are going to a carnaval party? It seems I'm fooled :speechless: That will be the reason why it was a cheap one. ...Silly me, I was thinking I was doing a bargain. :speechless:

Anyway,thank you so much for your answer.

Kind regards,

Jef

Hello Tom Y and Vtwin Vince,

Actually I never saw this medal before. And do you keep, display the medal together with your other awards, or do you wear the medal when you are going to a carnaval party? It seems I'm fooled :speechless: That will be the reason why it was a cheap one. ...Silly me, I was thinking I was doing a bargain. :speechless:

Anyway,thank you so much for your answer.

Kind regards,

Jef

Hallo Jeff, VtwinVince & Tom Y :cheers:

must confess I never saw them issued with a bottle of PLONK! mine is kept in the deepest part of the dungeons of Castle Ryan, in a box in a box in a box, with a big chain around them to prevent it getting out and into my medal collection cabinet and causing real embaresment by it pretending to be a real medal :P

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva