News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Elena Stanislavovna Tarasevitch

Dear Ed,

if your group is complete - no medals (!) -, it would point to a more "artistic" branch of occupation.

Pianists, actors, painters, scientists usually did not receive labour-medals, but started with the BoH or RBL - my humble theory :unsure: .

Best regards :beer:

Christian

Pianists, actors, painters, scientists usually did not receive labour-medals, but started with the BoH or RBL - my humble theory :unsure: .

Christian

Same holds true for workers and collective farmers. I've seen many complete groups for those people, where the first award was Lenin, RBL or BH order. Lots of them received HSL title without previously being awarded with any other order or medal. Most often that had happened in the first half of 1950th.

Same holds true for workers and collective farmers. I've seen many complete groups for those people, where the first award was Lenin, RBL or BH order. Lots of them received HSL title without previously being awarded with any other order or medal. Most often that had happened in the first half of 1950th.

Dear Andrew,

many thanks for your expertise :beer: .

A prominent case fits into that scheme:

Young Gorbacev received his first Soviet Award at the age of about 17 years for helping his father with the harvest at a large collective farm in Southern Russia. It had been an excellent harvest. The father - head of the collective farm - got a Lenin and the son - young Gorbacev - received a RBL (!).

So, a RBL had been Gorbacev's very first Soviet Award.

I assume, that his early RBL helped him a lot in his career at university & communist youth :unsure: .

Christian

BTW: Maybe without that RBL in young years the CCCP would be still alive :cheeky: .

You are right, Christian. Gorbachev had received RBL # 88292 by the Decree from April 16, 1949 for harvesting 8853,14 centners (1 centner = 100 kilograms) during 20 working days. He was operating assistant on combine harvester "Stalinets-6".

You are right, Christian. Gorbachev had received RBL # 88292 by the Decree from April 16, 1949 for harvesting 8853,14 centners (1 centner = 100 kilograms) during 20 working days. He was operating assistant on combine harvester "Stalinets-6".

Dear Andrew,

besides proposing the crew of K-19 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_submarine_K-19 for the Nobel Peace Prize, at least another useful deed in the biography of Michail Gorbachev ;) .

If the nuclear submarine K-19 would have exploded just in front of the shores of NATO-island Jan Mayen, the US-movie "The Day After" made have become bitter reality :speechless1: . The crew received only RBs and no HSUs with the argument, that it had not been a heroic deed within a war :angry::speechless: .

"National Geographic" made a great movie about that incident: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K-19:_The_Widowmaker . There is now a special edition DVD-set at the market with a extra bonus-DVD, which contains comprehensive documentations and interviews: http://www.amazon.de/K-19-Showdown-Tiefe-S...1938&sr=1-2

Christian

Oh yes, I've seen "The widowmaker" three years ago. It is a great movie with nice casting (Harrison Ford is very good) and everything looks real except some dialoges. Russians do not talk that way, that was little bit weird. But overall it is a "must see" movie.

Sorry for off-topic.