News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Iron Cross....

I like bargains. EKs can always be used for trade stock or filling in missing medals on a bar, etc. I have a soft spot for the trashed EKs that can be resurrected with new eye loops and rings. It is just a shame to see them die in a cigar box because they are broken.

I have also decided to start to collect the double reverse ones. :rolleyes: Steve

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14872

• 7 months later...

1914 EK1 variants.

Regards

Mike

My favorite too. It's just so many variants out there. Always looking for a Godet with fangs, AWS pillowback variants, a very early Hansen(prior to DRGM number), DRGM KMST crosses, J.H. Werner marked crosses, crosses with backing plates, just to name a few. A true addict :cheers: .

• 4 months later...

varients, imperial, third reich, prussian, oddities, rarities, miniatures, dks, kvks - i want them all :jumping: .

unfortunately, im very poor person (VERY poor, ive been off work due to illnes for 17 months and on an nhs waiting list for that long too:(), my collection is very small - about 20 or 25 pieces but all ones i love. i dont have any 1813s or an 1870 ek1 yet though - and no prinzens:( definitely something im on the look out for!(so you all know who to call if you have any spare prinzen ek2;)hint hint hint) and i love having those little extra things to add a bit of 'colour' to the display, patriotic world war one plates and so on.

but ill only get a piece which i wont want to sell. im a collector for the collections sake rather than for investment, so everything has to 'bring' something to the collection.

hey... a kitty cat... :catjava:

yeah, er... anyway... its hard to keep adding pieces (especially at current prices) so all the more reason not to jump at impulse buys.

imperial are always more fun than third reich of course - especially 1914, some of the varients are gorgeous, especially cases and citations. so far i only have a few pieces, nothing very special, a cased ek1 1914, 1870 ek2, oaks, three n/c ek2s, and some miniatures and 'extras' with eks designs.

still... theres a lot of fun in the chase aint there;)

There are many, many EK related items that are available at niiiiice prices.

Postcards, Pics etc. etc. etc.

At one point I decided that for me interesting pieces were more important than spectacular pieces. I was bored with sitting there doing a Golem with my KC' s stroking them saying "My precious.... my precious..." and calculated what I could spend the money one if I flogged them 8and panzer wrappers etc. etc. etc.) especially so when you are NOT a multi millionaire and EUR5000 tied up in a KC means you are a bit cash strapped when it comes to buying other goodies.

I tossed them all and with the lolly started buying ... EK2 documents.... simple, cheap, overlooked EK2 docs...... the occasional EK1 document etc. etc.

To be quite honest... take a look at this...

http://www.kaiserscross.com/40029/41427.html

And the links built into it.

I think the group cost EUR80, it was cheap for what it is.

I managed to research this more than my KC which belonged to an oakleaves and gold CCbt clasp winner.

For me interests (researching the men and their actions) it allowed me to spend more happy hours than the KC (excluding the time sitting around going "My Precious")