News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Quiztime - Hans Stollnberger

OK Paddy, I'll bite, I have Ernst Obermaier's book on Schlachtfliegers in front of me, and apart from surviving over 600 flights against the enemy, and flying all types of aircraft he was one of the few who converted to Me 262's and survived the war. (presume you mean the 262 flights, but I can't find any other info on him with 262's).

RK 14 Oct 1942 as a Leutnant and Staffelfuehrer, 8. SG 1. DKiG 24.09.1942, last rank as Hauptmann, 45 victories and over 600 combat flights against the enemy.

Looking forward to your additions.

Bob

I had the group for a a little while. I fondly entertained notions of using it as leverage to acquire an FJ-related RK group. As you know, I almost bought Rudolf Witzig's preliminary RK document for Eben Emael, along with his Kretaschild, a while back but was probably overly cautious and someone else got it, with my blessing. It went to the best home for it, to Heer FJ collector Numero Uno. Mind you, it sort of fitted in with my SS-FJ interest because Witzig's men fought alongside SS-Fallschirmjäger-Btl 500 in the Baltic in autumn 1944. No <i>Ritterkreuze</i> for the SS-FJ! Just an Ehrenblattspange for Drvar and a handful of DKiG for the Oderfront. One officer did get the RK but afterwards, after transferring to another unit. Still, I am a patient man. Something nice will turn up.

PK

• 3 years later...

I had the group for a a little while. I fondly entertained notions of using it as leverage to acquire an FJ-related RK group. As you know, I almost bought Rudolf Witzig's preliminary RK document for Eben Emael, along with his Kretaschild, a while back but was probably overly cautious and someone else got it, with my blessing. It went to the best home for it, to Heer FJ collector Numero Uno. Mind you, it sort of fitted in with my SS-FJ interest because Witzig's men fought alongside SS-Fallschirmj?ger-Btl 500 in the Baltic in autumn 1944. No Ritterkreuze for the SS-FJ! Just an Ehrenblattspange for Drvar and a handful of DKiG for the Oderfront. One officer did get the RK but afterwards, after transferring to another unit. Still, I am a patient man. Something nice will turn up.

PK

Do you or anyone else have any information on FJ Rudolf Witzig? I am doing a research paper on him for a class for my master's degree.

thanks

ostprussenmann

That is a wide-ranging question. He was quite a personality and there is a lot of information on him. I met him a couple of times. The Wikipedia entry for him is a reasonably good place to start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Witzig. There is a lot of information. It depends on how much detail you need to go into. There are so many internet and book references. Do a Google search and you'll find all sorts of things: http://www.amazon.com/HITLERS-PARATROOPER-Battles-Rudolf-Witzig/dp/1848325592

PK

That is a wide-ranging question. He was quite a personality and there is a lot of information on him. I met him a couple of times. The Wikipedia entry for him is a reasonably good place to start: http://en.wikipedia....i/Rudolf_Witzig. There is a lot of information. It depends on how much detail you need to go into. There are so many internet and book references. Do a Google search and you'll find all sorts of things: http://www.amazon.co...g/dp/1848325592

PK

I did do an internet search and have some stuff on him. Since you met him, do you have any copies of interviews or questions that you asked him? I would love to cite your interview. I have all sortrs of secondary source materials. I am looking for primary source ducumentation.

Thanks

Jason