News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Some Soviet Hats

Back in the days when "if was militaria it was interesting" I had acquired a number of Soviet caps and uniforms. Whereas I was more focussed on british stuff at the time, and just starting to dabble into Russian medals, I though no harm could come if I did buy other items!

Although these are sadly boxed a few thousand miles away from me, it would be interesting to show some of these items from my database CD. More importantly, I'd appreciate it if anyone can throw some light as to what each of these caps is. I might know the odd thing or two about medals but I can never say to ever have been bothered much about uniforms :speechless: So its about time that I ask.

Jim :cheers:

There were some others but I don't have pics! If anyone can throw any light .... they're nothing special at all!!!! But they're there, so I might as well ask!!

Thanks!!!

Ah, I've got some of these at home too :) 1970s-80s stuff. It looks like there are several caps with mismatched parts though. The first one is an armor officer service cap. The second is a rifles officer parade cap, but with the wrong chinstrap. The third is police ("militsia"). The fourth and fifth are navy, and I'm not sure if the chinstrap on the navy visor is right. Then an army office's field cap. The piped pilotka is an infantry officer, but has the wrong cocade. I think they remaining stuff is correct.

Edited by Nack

Hi Nack thanks!! I have some cap badges running around so when I find them and am near the caps again I'll drop you a message so that you can help me match the proper badges. I will hope to sell them eventually just to get rid of them as they are in boxes for many years now and its a pity. I am not at all surprised that there are mismatched items - As I said.... if it was militaria it was good at the time!!! :blush:

Hi Nack thanks!! I have some cap badges running around so when I find them and am near the caps again I'll drop you a message so that you can help me match the proper badges. I will hope to sell them eventually just to get rid of them as they are in boxes for many years now and its a pity. I am not at all surprised that there are mismatched items - As I said.... if it was militaria it was good at the time!!! :blush:

I've got a bunch of mismatched parts caps too -- I had the same disease :)

Tell me about it! I still have uniforms and caps, helmets and other trinkets that I will one day sell off with all proceeds going towards my Soviet ODMs. Although I am happy to sit on them, they live in my parents' home and quite frankly they want me to clear them out. Lets say I am taking my time doing that as I would not have place for them in my own home..... and in any case, being overseas does not make things easier .... at least those are my excuses ;)

Take care.