News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello all,

here is a interesting medal bar, not big and shiny but.....without the `97 Centenarmedal BUT WITH the 25 years officers cross he must had entered the army soon after 1897 or had some colonial years - unfortunately no battle clasp on the bar for the colonial medal....

greetings

Heiko

Rick, the back is very dark blue.... navy?

That would leave us with three suspects, however I don't know which one should have got a Colonial medal:

Rudolf Ma?mann, entered service 1.4.1902, HAE1 and EK in 1918, aD 1920 as char. KorvKap

Baron thoe Schwartzenberg en Hohenlandsberg (Friesian name), entered service 1.4.1902, HAE1 and EK in 1918, aD 1920 as char. KorvKap. He had however a prewar Norwegian St. Olav, which he might have mounted again on a postwar bar.

Ludwig Fabricius, entered service 6.4.1904, HAE1 and EK in 1918, aD 1920 as KapLt. He would only have got enough time for the XXV with overseas service.

Thank you all very much for the help so far... I will show up some more bars the next days as my collection has just completely be scanned and moved back to the dark but safety bank safe now... :( there are some tricky and interesting bars, maybe one of the riddles can be solved....

Heiko

Guest Rick Research

Yeah, could be a Deckoffizier. Wouldn't have had enough time for a pre-war General Decoration.

So, definitely navy. But without the Spange, no way to tell if it was for East Africa 1905 or Ponape 1911 or....... and THAT would have narrowed down the suspects list. :(