News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Old Tunic New Discovery....

As you remember, here is the Pharmacist tunic I am so very proud of... until I read pages 107-110 of Angolia's "Uniforms and Traditions of the Luftwaffe, Vol 2".

To my extreme excitement, I found that this tunic also matches the description of the Post 02Nov1940 Air Traffic Controller.

It seems that the early pharmacist and the post 1940 Air traffic controller used the same nebenfarbe...

Also, in the May 940 regulation change for Air Traffic Controllers, the arm color was changed from Light green to dark green(admin). The Arm color is noted on the collar tabs and on the bottom layer of the shoulder boards. Of specific mention in the new ATC regs is the notation of the green and silver collar tab piping.

While I am a little bummed that it is not a pharmacist, I am still very proud and happy to have a very rare uniform(post 02Nov40) for an Air Traffic Controller! :jumping:

Thanks for sharing in the excitement of discovery!!!

Guest Rick Research

Oh nooooooooooooooo! Now you have the guys in Oberursel tower when the snowplow Postbus crashes onto the runway at the end of "Where Eagles Dare!" :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

:cheers: