News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

And now my personel judgment by the Winkler star only by knowing the pictures: I have a good feeling it could be an original and rare item. If you compare the outer circle of the medaillon in both cases you will see from outside to the center perls-line-perls-motto-perls-eagle. On the good known and desribed Wagner stars (and as I know now because of other today sended pictures the H.u.S - Humbert & Sohn - stars too) you will find there perls-line-rope-motte-rope-eagle (look at the pic of the center in my first reply - a Wagner, and I think at WildCard?s star too). There are other distinct similarities between the Winkler star and the fotos I sended. As you may know, there is a set of copies, well made, but with lots of differences to the Wagner/H.uS.-stars. These copies clearly differ in comparison with the Winkler star and the S.F.S. star in the Kunstgewerbemuseum. Look at the pictures!

Copy avers/revers (another one you?ll find in the Thies catalogue 20th auction Dec. 2002 - sold as Copy! As I understand you have the Thies catalogues - if not this one I could post a pic too)

Edited by Komtur

Many thanks for the additional pics, Komtur. Although I see some differences in detail with the Winkler star (for example, in the wreath the eagle holds), all in all, based amongst othe things on some of the characteristics you mention, the Winkler star is probably the real deal. We should be able to confirm this soon, because through an amazing stroke of luck, I managed to buy the star at a reasonable price (odd how these things go, occasionally). :jumping: As the information in this thread has been very helpful in my decision to buy it, thanks to all who contributed.

I will post pics of it when I have it in hand, which should be in the next few weeeks.

Oh, and Komtur there is no reason to be hesitant about your English, I believe it is just fine.

Many thanks again, Komtur, Wild Card and Schiessplatzmeister, for all your help,

Regards,

Sandro