News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Baden: Order of Z?hringer L?wen, badge in silver, Italy: Order of the Crown, badge in gold, Order of S:t Maurice and S:t Lazarus, badge in gold, France: Order of Academic Palms in silver, Greece: Order of S:t George I, badge silver gilt

Identifiable?

0000444hu2.gif

with oaks-?!

hmmmm...if possible, I'd think Diplomat or minor Royal-or maybe even 2nd bar (which would be really most unlikely).

I'll bet he's in the 1908 Ordensbuch though. good hunting.

Beautiful and highly interresting bar.

I don't think it's a Royal's bar, more a diplomatic, scientist or artist ones. All Royal German bars I've seen by now had several jubilee medals, more than any officer can have. The classes on this bar are strange though. A IInd row bar might still be possible, maybe with five other German awards (Prussia, Bavaria and Saxony?!) in Ist row?!

Might you please be so kind to show some more pictures of it, the reverse e.g.?

Edited by saschaw

Beautiful and highly interresting bar.

I don't think it's a Royal's bar, more a diplomatic, scientist or artist ones. All Royal German bars I've seen by now had several jubilee medals, more than any officer can have. The classes on this bar are strange though. A IInd row bar might still be possible, maybe with five other German awards (Prussia, Bavaria and Saxony?!) in Ist row?!

Might you please be so kind to show some more pictures of it, the reverse e.g.?

Yeah- you are right-no commemoratives...

Wasn't this chain of miniatures from the same auction also his?

/Mike

Yes, and the ones I'm posting now...

/S

Cross of freedom 1st class with "kraschan", without swords.

This one went for 6000 EUR, a bit out of my range :-/

Edited by Stefan

I just love those 'international' bars :love:

Did you manage to get all his items?

/Mike

Hi Mike,

the "Kraschan" (what's the english word?) was too much and the mini-chain above had a Russian order in it so it also became too expensive.

I will post more pictures when I've picked them up :)

Cheers,

Stefan

Edited by Stefan

I guess 'breast star' is the most suitable english word.

Yes, anything with just a faint smell of Russia makes the prices explode :o

Too bad...

I'll look forward to hear his story - judging from the bars and orders it must be quite interesting :)

Did you know the recipient beforehand or did the auction house reveal it?

I would have loved to own lot 401 for the Danish medals on it, but from an estimate of SEK 8000 to a hammer price of SEK 42000 :speechless1: I was out of the game...

Unfortunately (for me) that one also had a Russian medal on it...

P.S: Now don't tell me that this bar belonged to Peyron as well, because then I'm really intrigued...

/Mike

Edited by Great Dane

• 4 months later...

Even without the cross of liberty breast star that is still a very impressive grouping. Congratulations Stefan! :beer:

Thanks.

Yes, I am very pleased with this group. I know where to get one of his Swedish uniforms, so I hope the group will expand more :-)

Cheers,

Stefan