News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fliegerbluse Lw bautruppen

Hello

This is one of my tunics. It's a fliegerbluse for an obergefreiter of the bautruppen. The waffenfarbe is black. It's in used conditions, but no moth holes. the tunic has a faint manufacturers ink stamp. What I can read is "Dressel".

I hope you like it.

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

Hello

Lacking a good camera, I tried to make a close up, from the excisting picture. I don't know how it will turn out. I am no expert on uniforms or insignia, but to me the tunic looks untouched. The collar patches looks smoother in apperance, than the ones made from wool. All insignia is machinestiched onto the tunic. The tunic has some sort of faint unit inkstamp, and an eagle, in the liner.

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

Hello

I have a question. Did other Luftwaffe units use black collarpatches? If they did, what was the difference?

I hope you like my tunic. This attempt on an close up, was what I could manage right now. I know that the tunic is in well used condition, and a bit dirty, but I like it. I might post a couple more today or tomorrow. :jumping:

Snoopy

Edited by Snoopy

Hello

I made an attempt with my camera. The camera is not very good for close ups, so the pictures is a bit blurry. I used a flash in these pictures. I hope you like what you see.

Edited by Snoopy

Hi Snoopy!

From what I see, I like! I would like even closer photos yet from these, I cannot find anything wrong. I would have to see many better photos or hold the tunic to be certain.

The other personnel who used the Black waffenfarbe were:

1. Construction

2. Reich Air Ministry

3. LW members assigned to Luftschutz units (LS cyphers on the shoulder straps).

Great stuff!!! You mentioned other LW tunics? Lets see them! :jumping::jumping:

Thanks Paul :jumping:

I am no expert on insignia, so I guess I am allways a bit worried. Thanks for the info on other units that used black as waffenfarbe. I did not know that Luftwaffe personell was assigned to the Luftschutz. I will try to post one of my other tunics now.

Snoopy