News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

JT-W

No answers yet! Must be patient and allow a few more to step up. BUT let me add this one...who is the maker?

OK, here's a stab at this one - Deumer eagle and wreath, mm Juncker?

ERIC

Nice duo, Ricardo.

Both are "Juncker" parts... I take it one is "Deumer" marked?

Which is which....:unsure: If pushed, I'd say;

#1 Juncker.

#2 Deumer.

I'll be different - #1 Deumer and #2 Juncker :rolleyes:

ERIC

#3 (Bottom left & full badge) is the wreath found on ?Deumer? RO/AG?s and is from a different die to that used on the ?Juncker? parts badges (Top/middle, left.)

I think it?s safe to say that all the wreaths shown were produced by the same die cutter, and is yet another example of the collaboration between the two firms.

#3 (Bottom left & full badge) is the wreath found on ?Deumer? RO/AG?s and is from a different die to that used on the ?Juncker? parts badges (Top/middle, left.)

I agree 100% Rich. Aside from the line in the swaz (Nice shots John!) , the "Deumer" wreaths, when compared to the Juncker wreaths, also have a more pronounced 'cut' found just right of the hakenkreuz (white arrows). You can see this 'cut' much better from the reverse.

ERIC

John/Eric

Thanks for showing an interest and taking part. I'm disappointed that not more did.

The answer is 1) Deumer, 2) Juncker & 3)Deumer.

What I do not understand is why Deumer used 'Juncker' parts when it already had it own? Why did they not use the early Juncker components like the Juncker '1st' and '2nd' RO/AG? It's not as if Deumer were not already producing early flight badges... or where they? Maybe what we assume to be early Deumer pieces (Pilot, Observer) are not Deumer after all!?

It's a constant enigma!

Rich

The answer is 1) Deumer, 2) Juncker & 3)Deumer.

It's a constant enigma!

Rich

How true Rich, how true! Hey, looks like I win - Prize? I'll settle for the top (#1) Deumer badge! ;)

ERIC

How true Rich, how true! Hey, looks like I win - Prize? I'll settle for the top (#1) Deumer badge! ;)

ERIC

Eric

Thought you might be liking that one. It is very special and has history...I got it from German Ebay from the son of the awardee and has his name scratched on the back.

Unfortunatley he would not pass on any further details of his father's war service.

Regards

Rich

Edited by Richard Gordon