News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Small group MMM/Leningrad Medal

Hi everyone,

here is a little group, i received from Alexei this week.

Military Merit Medal w/o s/n and

Medal for the Defense of Leningrad

to Igor Pavlovitch Petrov

I bought it, because of the Document to the Leningrad-Medal, which i didn?t have yet.

Can anyone help with the stamp on the document?

Thanks in advance

Gerd

Neat little group! It seems the veteran liked to put his Leningrad medal in front of his medal for combat service, contary to the regulation. I think it is very nice that they are on a single bar. What is the type of suspension? Steel, aluminium? Is the CS medal from 1953?

Concerning the stamp I cannot read the word on the right of the stamp. It is too small for me.

I read something like : Leningrad central soviet deputy - comity

Someone with better russian knowledge will help you better than me.

Neat little group! It seems the veteran liked to put his Leningrad medal in front of his medal for combat service, contary to the regulation. I think it is very nice that they are on a single bar. What is the type of suspension? Steel, aluminium? Is the CS medal from 1953?

Concerning the stamp I cannot read the word on the right of the stamp. It is too small for me.

I read something like : Leningrad central soviet deputy - comity

Someone with better russian knowledge will help you better than me.

Thanks, Bryan. I think, its not impossible, that the veteran prefered to wear his Leningrad-Medal in front of his Military Merit Medal. The suspension is aluminium. The ring from the MMM is uncut, like it seems, so i think ,he added the Leningrad maybe himself and made a two-place suspension of two singles?

Thanks for the help with the stamp. Thats more, than i was able to understand. :cheers:

Guest Rick Research

That is the standard city government IsPolKom issuing stamp. It was issued before the 900 day siege was broken.

What is VERY interesting to me is that 1957 MMM.

I don't know how it would be possible (Dave?) to research that, but I would bet that this guy was a civilian and one of those purged in Stalin's extermination of the city's political organization ("inconvenient witnesses") after the war...

probably right after he got out of the Gulag in Krhruschev's "thaw."

Excellent, thank you very much, Rick. :beer:

I thought the same, a 57 award could be interesting to research. I have another unumbered MMM researched, so i know its possible. This one is in the next batch for research, could be interesting obviously.

Thanks again

Gerd