News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Uniforms of the GST

I've already posted pictures of the hat and uniforms worn by the cadre of the full time members of the GST. Now it is time to post pictures of the regular members. This is a much simplified uniform compared to that of the full time members. There were two main types of uniform. The short tunic and pants worn when the GST first adopted a uniform and the second, and much more common, later type of long tunic and pants. Period photos do not show a hat in wear with the early short tunics. There appear to be two differetn side caps worn with the later long tunic and I'll post them later on.

The eraly tunic. I do not have pictures of the pants that went with this tunic.

The "later" long tunic. There are slight manufacturers variations of this tunic but they do not indicate a change in style. Just the manufacturers idea of staying within the parametres of the tunic design.

Edited by Gordon Craig

Paul,

The GST was probably one of the largest mass organization in the DDR. They were responsible for all premilitary training right up to parachute training. GST hats, second type, are plentiful but GST uniforms are not. Especially the early short jackets. Hard to know why, considering how many people wore these uniforms.

I own two of the long tunics and the only pair of matching trouser I have ever seen. A short jacket should be on the way. I've never seen any of these uniforms for sale outside of Germany.

Regards,

Gordon

Paul,

The GST was probably one of the largest mass organization in the DDR. They were responsible for all premilitary training right up to parachute training. GST hats, second type, are plentiful but GST uniforms are not. Especially the early short jackets. Hard to know why, considering how many people wore these uniforms.

I own two of the long tunics and the only pair of matching trouser I have ever seen. A short jacket should be on the way. I've never seen any of these uniforms for sale outside of Germany.

Regards,

Gordon

I bet that they are all waiting in a huge warehouse... waiting to be released.

Paul