News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hallo Gents, :beer:

any indication in the auction page that the seller took a medal bar apart? :unsure:

Or maybe he obtained them this way? :unsure:

I believe the current high bidder "strelitzer" is also a ebay dealer in bars?

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Guest Rick Research

Absolutely criminal. One LESS unbelievably rare and yes indeed

identifiable group destroyed. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

:violent:

Stupid stupid stupid stupid stupid. :speechless::banger:

:banger::banger: I also saw this criminal...really a shame!

Now he probabely will get less money, also because everybody can see that he destroyed a medalbar!

Solomon

One hopes so, but I fear not. Lots of people don't seem to mind these loose medals. All loose medals should bother us, but something like this should inflame us. Just watch them get bought up and reassembled into a fantasy group to adorn some uniform.

:angry::angry::angry:

Guest Rick Research

Yes.

Of course, since the *#%*%@ moron ripped the medal bar apart, there may have been OTHER awards already sold off.

In the case of Lippe Detmold,

ALONE OUT OF ALL THE FEDERAL STATES OF THE GERMAN EMPIRE :banger::banger::banger:

because their award rolls are COMPLETE and LIST

A-L-L award made to E-V-E-R-Y recipient

it is possible, now that I've completed transcribing the rolls (See "Lippe Detmold Rolls" thread

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=14821

for the exact awards that are done) and cross-indexing every one of those awards for every recipient

it is indeed possible to identify or closely identify people down to ordinary laborers from combinations as slight as TWO awards, in many cases.

At the OUTSIDE (with OTHER awards possibly removed and sold separately) there were SIX count 'em SIX possible recipients for this group, just from the Lippe-Detmold awards--without having the Saxon or Meiningen rolls. And our Solomon could VERIFY a list of suspects that small from their original signed recipts stiull kept in the Archives, listing ALL awards.

Yes indeed, entirely possible.

ONE of those SIX bars is, merciful God of all collectors, intact and has been posted by our very own Wild Card. That leaves this as

until it was destroyed

one of the remaining FIVE.

Or, FOUR, now, that might still be out there.

"Just" a low level court lackey-- but the type of lifelong SERVANT that is NEVER possible to identify for ANY other German groups. And since Lippe Rolls show BIRTH data as well as full names, it is possible to KNOW more about such people than it ever was or ever wiull be possible to know for any other German awards.

NOWHERE else can we find the one lone medal, say, of an 83 year old man who spent 66 years working in the city sand and gravel pits. To destroy a medal bar from Lippe-Detmold is, literally, criminally STUPID.

And since THIS bar has been criminally, idiotically destroyed, there is no way to know that what is... left... is all there was. That's what happens with destroyed bars. They can never be put back together "right" again. :angry::violent:

Normally, I am <politics> not a believer in capital punishment </politics>. But, for this, a SIGNIFICANT exception seems in order as History has been murdered in the misbegotten quest of "profit".

:angry:

Makes you want to

:violent:

or

boohoo.gif

Edited by Ed_Haynes