News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A.H. item sells in Bismarck North Dakota auction

Hi all,

Hope it's okay to post this here... going to put it in the lounge as well but I know not everyone visits there so wanted to make sure anyone interested would be able to see this.

Here's the story. A young woman purchased several lots in Stutsman County North Dakota a few years ago. Seems she got them fairly cheap, sight unseen and intended to build a house there in a few years. One of the lots has a house and a trailer on it. Well, she's now in her twenties, married and wants to built their dream house on the lots.

They go to check out the house and trailer and find them packed with all sorts of stuff... collectibles, that sort of thing. Literally the old woman who originally owned the home had packed it so full of stuff you couldn't slip in a piece of paper! :speechless1:

So the new owner decided to hold an auction in order to clear it all out. And there was an item of interest in amongst the rest which is why I'm posting it here. And although I didn't think these items went for anywhere near the price this sold for... nonetheless the item in question went very high. Would love opinions as to whether it went high or was reasonable. But I was under the impression such an item would go for about $2,500 or thereabouts.

Without further ado here's the link to the video:

http://www.kxmb.com/video.asp?ArticleId=11...mp;VideoId=7219

Dan :cheers:

• 1 month later...

And we wonder why this hobby is getting so expensive. I have seen these for sale before and if IRC they were for less than $1K

:banger:

6 Napkins and a Table cloth - $4K and Bill Shea is one of the higher priced dealers

http://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Misc/s001.htm

Fools and their money...........

Edited by Laurence Strong